any dark horse / little known RBs starting or soon to be? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

any dark horse / little known RBs starting or soon to be?

Moderator: Football Moderators

any dark horse / little known RBs starting or soon to be?

Postby sinicalypse » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:33 pm

in one of my leagues i botched up my drafting and ended up with priest holmes as one RB, then stephen jackson as my other.

i think jackson is a nice wait-and-see type guy, esp if/when faulk gets gimpy... but there's no guarantee that he'll come in and, say, pull a 2002 clinton portis season out of his arse.

this morning i made the long trek to work early just so i could get in here and nab lamar gordon, freshly traded to the dolphins... but alas, this one kid in the league (kolbsaves on this'ere board) had already nabbed him, and now has 7 RBs on his team which he will undoubtedly package up later on for his usual trades-for-pro-bowlers.

that said, going into week 1 my RB corps is just priest holmes, travis minor, and stephen jackson.

so what i want to know is this: are there any RBs that are currently starting for like, crap teams, that might not have been drafted/nabbed already... or are there any guys in that stephen jackson category that i should keep an eye on and nab immediately if they get closer to a starting job?

ideally i want to be able to be competitive in this league, and with a crappy WR core, i really need a solid ~10-15 PPW (points per week) guy to complement priest. so what are your suggestions of who i should get / keep an eye on in order to accomplish that goal?

thanks
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fern » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:48 pm

sounds like your pretty much screwed. If L. Gordon is gone I don't see to many low key RB's left. One's I would look for who may earn you SOME (not much) points:

Fargas, supposedly could be getting around 10 carries in Game 1, not sure after that.

Pittman, may have a 4 game suspension (not sure), but I imagine he will be used along with Garner and could post a TD and some yards on occasion.

Hambrick, I wouldn't draft him, but he could see action in Arizona.

Or you can pretty much choose someones backup and hope you get lucky. But I would only draft the guys who could be productive like Davenport, M. Morris, etc.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:57 pm

Maybe William Green is available, he's suppose to start the first week. Major downside it's against the Ravens.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:53 pm

Reno Mahe
Tony Hollings
Chris Perry
Mewelde Moore
Lamont Jordan
Musa Smith/Chester Taylor

Now I am basically naming sleepers, but I guess you could opt for one of these guys.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:47 pm

Can you tell us who is on your WW?

I'd say Scobey and Hambrick could be something in Arizona. Other than that, try and pick up some of the lesser known backups to star backs and hope.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:32 pm

i think alstott will get 5-15 points per week. he's pretty much available in allot of leagues.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kevster1 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:40 pm

I don't know who is on your waiver wire, this is important. I used Richie Anderson from Dallas for the last 5 games last year, and was very pleased with his production,
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Confucian Scholars » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:38 pm

If you have room on your bench, STASH THESE 2 STUDS NOW:
Greg Jones, Jaguars
Ladell Betts, Redskins

Some time around week 8 you will thank God that I posted here .
Confucian Scholars
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:52 pm

i think the original question was for someone to contribute NOW. not after a stud rb goes down...... r anderson and alstott seems to be the best for now IMHO.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby BGbootha » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:56 pm

Confucian Scholars wrote:If you have room on your bench, STASH THESE 2 STUDS NOW:
Greg Jones, Jaguars
Ladell Betts, Redskins

Some time around week 8 you will thank God that I posted here .

Is this due to the fact that you are nostradomus and know when portis and Taylor will get hurt??????
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Next

Return to Football Talk