What do you guys think... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you guys think...

Moderator: Football Moderators

What do you guys think...

Postby klgreen1973 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:33 pm

About the BIG game tomorrow night in NE??? Personaly, I think that NE will go down at home!!! It is not cold in NE now and it is not snowing there either ;-D. Plus, Peyton and co. will have revenge on their minds, and play with focus you did not see last January. I am not sold on NE vaunted D either...the new 5 yard rule will hurt their "old, slow DB's." Harrison should have a huge game and Manning should have 250-300 yards and 3-4 TD's (Manning light up NE in their first game last year for 278 and 4 TD's). And we all remember what Manning did to the "dreaded" Buc's D last year (386 and 2 TD's)!!!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:41 pm

NE usually likes to lay a stinker right away in the season so I wouldn't be surprised to see Indy go in there and work them over. Remember 31-0 v. the Bills last year? That being said, I look for them to right the ship right after that.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:47 pm

Fantasy-wise, since I have Edge in one league and am facing New England D in two others, I really hope Indy (led by their RB) crush the Pats.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:53 pm

MadScott wrote:NE usually likes to lay a stinker right away in the season so I wouldn't be surprised to see Indy go in there and work them over. Remember 31-0 v. the Bills last year? That being said, I look for them to right the ship right after that.

any other evidence to support your theory? what happens in one year doesnt mean much. now i may be biased, but I think we will destroy manning and the colts.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:51 pm

I own Peyton, Edge, Rhodes, Marvin, Wayne, and Vandy. Not to mention 0 Pats.

So guess who I'm rooting for? :-)

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:54 pm

This was my pick 3 prediction:
Colts over Pats 23-20.
Im excited, I have Reggie Wayne starting twice tommorow, Edge once, and Corey Dillon in 2 leagues.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:06 pm

Aren't they expecting rain tomorrow? The Pats D will handle the Colts well enough for them to win 27-24.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:39 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
MadScott wrote:NE usually likes to lay a stinker right away in the season so I wouldn't be surprised to see Indy go in there and work them over. Remember 31-0 v. the Bills last year? That being said, I look for them to right the ship right after that.

any other evidence to support your theory? what happens in one year doesnt mean much. now i may be biased, but I think we will destroy manning and the colts.
I didn't mean to come off like a jerk if I did. My impression of the team under Belichick is that they tend to be slow starters but great finishers. 3 of the 4 years that Belichick has been coach, the Pats have opened with a loss. It's a good omen for them though as 2 of those 3 years, they won the Super Bowl.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby klgreen1973 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:45 pm

MadScott wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:

I didn't mean to come off like a jerk if I did. My impression of the team under Belichick is that they tend to be slow starters but great finishers. 3 of the 4 years that Belichick has been coach, the Pats have opened with a loss. It's a good omen for them though as 2 of those 3 years, they won the Super Bowl.

But, that would mean that they do not make the playoffs...let alone win the superbowl this year???
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:18 pm

It just feels like INDY will win the game. The whole revenge factor plus I know he's no superstar but NE not having their third down RB Faulk for the game will hurt.
Who da man? Sp_Da_Man !
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk