A little info on S. Davis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A little info on S. Davis

Moderator: Football Moderators

A little info on S. Davis

Postby VIPER » Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:23 pm

Stephen Davis - RB, Carolina Panthers April 18, 4:42 p.m.
With the lack of running backs in free agency and the draft, why wasn’t there more interest in Davis? The fear of some teams was that Davis, 29, has started to decline slightly. Even though Davis has not had a lot of carries in his career, he has taken a lot of hits because of his running style. The Panthers were well aware of where Davis is in his career, and planned on getting two to three years out of him when they signed him. His contract is structured in such a way that the Panthers won’t take a huge hit if Davis suddenly becomes ineffective and they have to get rid of him.

Sounds to me like they are going to run Davis to death. Which is a good thing.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:34 pm

I watched him very closely last year and Spurriers negative influence on him aside, im no longer a fan of Davis. He has a chance to put up some number with the panthers, we'll see if he can produce.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Cupertino_11 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:02 am

Sure would benefit him if the Panthers draft Jordan Gross with their #1 pick. I like Davis to put up some solid numbers this year.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indy Dragons » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:14 am

I've never been a big SDavis fan, but I think he could produce some decent numbers in Carolina, but I probably won't draft him.
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DUKE » Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:38 am

There are alot of Rbs that fall into the ? category with Davis this year, and a couple of them will be steals. The only problem is deciding which ones will shine. I think Davis (barring injury) could put up some pretty good numbers. They desperately need a passing attack though, to make their opponents D a bit more honest. Alot of ?'s :-o
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:38 am

I think Davis is on the down-side of his career, but Carolina's offense is really RB-friendly, even making Lamar Smith look good at times. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like 1200, and 9 next year from Davis.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:05 pm

Im sure Davis will do well in Carolina...

But aren't we all forgetting about DeShaun Foster? Or do you think he'll still be in rehab next season?? I heard that he's progressing fine and should be ready by preseason.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby VIPER » Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:14 pm

That's a good point Slow...last I heard they were still worried about his progress. I did not see him last pre-season but from whtat I've read here etc. he looked gooood. If he came back full-strength what kind of impact would he have on Davis' playing time??? They paid Davis alot of money.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DUKE » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:52 pm

Slowkidz wrote:Im sure Davis will do well in Carolina...

But aren't we all forgetting about DeShaun Foster? Or do you think he'll still be in rehab next season?? I heard that he's progressing fine and should be ready by preseason.

I've definitely not forgotten about him, because his @rse took up roster space on my team last year for too long. I thought I was clever, until they announced that he was not gonna play the rest of the season right around the time he was supposed to come back. He did look awesome last preseason. Hopefully, he doesn't loose a step, because he showed a nice burst.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Slingblade » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:47 pm

Im a big panthers fan...and i think that davis will do great....they have a decent Qb agreat RB and great depth at WR....with an already great D the panthers should do great...and so will davis
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk