Help with a RB please? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help with a RB please?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help with a RB please?

Postby LA Chargers » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:02 pm

I have a team on yahoo that starts 2 RBs and a WR/RB

Right now I have Alexander, Bettis, Bennett, Foster and Stewart at the RB postion. After Alexander things get a little worrisome. I don't really have much option but to start three of them.

There are a couple names out there that I was thinking of picking up in place of Stewart.(White, Ducket and Portis)

Oh yeah an dwhat do you all think about Marcus Robinson. Should I drop or keep him?

Thanks for the help!!
LA Chargers

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:24 pm

The problem with Stewart is that he's on Detroit. Detroit sucks, and will be playing from behind most of the year, which means Stewart doesn't get many carries.

Are you referring to Jamel White? He'd be okay, but you never know when W. Green will become the starter in CLE. Same thing with Duckett, Dunn has looked very good so far, so Duckett will come in for spot carries only and if ATL is within the three yard line.

Shanahan will continue to do the RBBC approach, so Portis might not get a fair shake unless O. Gary goes down with an injury.

Bennett is going to have better numbers this week. I'd play him.

I was really surprised to see M. Robinson only get one catch while Booker had nearly ten. I guess they're trying to justify that fat contract they gave him. Personally, I think opposing defenses don't respect Booker enough and they'll keep throwing to him until teams get the hint. Then they'll throw more to M. Robinson and Dez White and David Terrell. For now, keep M. Robinson as a bye-week plugin unless you need another starter, then try to trade him.

Why wouldn't you consider playing a WR for the WR/RB position? Are you weak at WR?

Finally, the Chargers will never move to LA...

;)
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LA Chargers » Wed Sep 11, 2002 5:34 pm

A little weak a wr.. I have Holt, Chambers, Gardner and Robinson with three WR positions to fill. And I think that Bettis has a better chance of producing than Robinson does. Do you think that Portis will evolve into a good RB for Denver this year?
LA Chargers

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk