help with rookie RB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

help with rookie RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

help with rookie RB's

Postby oneputtmn » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:30 pm

My first pick is gonna have to be a rookie RB, Do you take Julius Jones, Stephan Jackson, or Kevin Jones. We keep 6 players a year. Help?
oneputtmn
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bennyboy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:37 pm

I'd go with K Jones. He's the go to guy this year. JJones will probably be locked up in a RBBC in the years to come.
QB: Manning, Grossman
RB: LT, FWP, Henry, Portis, Dayne
WR: DJax, Galloway, Bennett, Cdavis, Jenkins, Jones
TE: Watson, Graham
DEF: Giants, Jags
bennyboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:39 pm

bennyboy wrote:I'd go with K Jones. He's the go to guy this year. JJones will probably be locked up in a RBBC in the years to come.
Well thats not true, Jones is going to get the bulk of the carries while George is going to be the change of pace guy. George barely made the team. Parcells draft JJ to be the feature back, and he will be that for years to come. But, I think Kevin Jones is a better choice. Since Kevin Jones has his job locked up, Id say him.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:19 pm

K Jones

But if you wouldn't be wrong going with Jackson. Jones has the chance to be great this years, and for years to come. Jackson on the other hand might see action this year, but an injury would have to occur for him to see significant playing time. But with that said, Jackson is going to be a complete stud in the future, probably much better than Jones IMO.

So really, it depends on if you feel like going for the title this year, or getting Jackson to use in future years.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LazyWeebie » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:25 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
bennyboy wrote:I'd go with K Jones. He's the go to guy this year. JJones will probably be locked up in a RBBC in the years to come.
Well thats not true, Jones is going to get the bulk of the carries while George is going to be the change of pace guy. George barely made the team. Parcells draft JJ to be the feature back, and he will be that for years to come. But, I think Kevin Jones is a better choice. Since Kevin Jones has his job locked up, Id say him.

... i just read that J Jones has jsut been bumped to 3rd string, Richie Anderson is now 2nd... even thugh i totally disagree with this, i belive jones should be the starter ahead of washed up george.
LazyWeebie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:55 pm

Immediate impact: KJ
Long term stud: KJ or SJ

All should be solid long term, but I'd hedge on KJ for right now. More upside now and long term.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk