Bungles Predictable Bungles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bungles Predictable Bungles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DUKE » Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:25 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:
kashikis wrote:only thing i can say is its about time they decided the draft is in 4 days

are we sure its not a woman running this team?!?!.....this team changes its mind on who or what they want more then my Gf does!!....I can see the hewadlines tomorrow...."Bungles choose (fill in player name here) any will attempt to make him a offer today"......I mean whos really makeing the calls here?...it seems to me like they are going with the pick of the week or just saying screw it and going for Palmer...

They wanted Palmer all along. The mention of other names are posturing for leverage. And Newman is every bit of a risk as Palmer. His nerve damage, age, size, and being a CB make it a VERY risky pick for #1. Like I said before, if they were able to trade the pick they would, but there haven't been those opportunities thus far. Even though I'm a fan, I'll call them out when they make bone-headed decisons (which has been VERY often the past few years) and I see nothing wrong with the way they've handled the draft so far. And if they have their #1 signed before the draft, eliminating the possibility of a hold out, then I'll venture to say they did a really good job, because they've never had a draft pick signed before the draft in the history of the franchise.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Roseman » Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:24 pm

Going after Palmer is a good idea he is maybe the only player worthy of the top pick and Palmer does make sense. The only problem is that the Bengals need help NOW not next year when Palmer will be the regular starter.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby VIPER » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:48 pm

Sucks...they should have traded down, got something for the first pick and drafted someone on defense!! :-t
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Slingblade » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:07 pm

well there goes palmer's career...LMAO!
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dirtywurm » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:40 am

well one things for sure he wont be any worse than couch. :-)
dirtywurm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:12 am

Well, in Palmer's first 3 years at USC, he did decent at best!! he usually threw more picks then he did touchdowns... i see palmer as a bigger risk in this than newman is...
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:56 am

hayesb26 wrote:Well, in Palmer's first 3 years at USC, he did decent at best!! he usually threw more picks then he did touchdowns... i see palmer as a bigger risk in this than newman is...

so he should fit in perfectly with da bungles!! hehehe

and dirtywurm....i'd take palmer over couch any day!! i'd take akili smith over couch any day too!!!!!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby hayesb26 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:08 am

Slowkidz wrote:
hayesb26 wrote:Well, in Palmer's first 3 years at USC, he did decent at best!! he usually threw more picks then he did touchdowns... i see palmer as a bigger risk in this than newman is...

so he should fit in perfectly with da bungles!! hehehe

hahha good one slow :-D
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:09 am

Slowkidz wrote:and dirtywurm....i'd take palmer over couch any day!! i'd take akili smith over couch any day too!!!!!!!

no you wouldn't!...don't lie to us!....we all know you have a deep love for couch and will be heart broken when hes gone! lmao! :-D

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:06 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Slowkidz wrote:and dirtywurm....i'd take palmer over couch any day!! i'd take akili smith over couch any day too!!!!!!!

no you wouldn't!...don't lie to us!....we all know you have a deep love for couch and will be heart broken when hes gone! lmao! :-D

we'll all know in 3days!! if this trade goes through, i will be on here jumpin for joy!!!!!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Previous

Return to Football Talk