Winner! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Winner!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:56 am

I have no problem with them, except for the annoying flashing part of the WINNER one, but I don't see it long. IF they keep the cafe free, I'm for them, and even more - I'll even click on them once in a while, just to get you a click-through!

At work, the site downloads superfast with our T1 line. While at home on my ancient 28.8 modem it is a bit slow, but alot faster than 95% of the other sites I visit. IF menyak is the brains behind the speed that the site loads I must congratulate him on a job done extremely well!! My other computer at home has the more modern 56k modem, and it loads just fine.
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby menyak » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:18 am

Thanks Indy. ;-D Yep, the size of the actual pages is pretty small, but I admit without the banners it would load even faster. Anyway, glad to hear that, in total, the speed seems to be ok.

Please don't give the banners any extra treatment - although high clickthrough rates aren't a bad thing, "working" on it might get us into trouble rather than being a real help. Thanks for the offer, though! ;-D

The Cafe will always stay free with Arlo and myself in charge, we give you our word and that's something we always keep (that's simply a nasty character flaw we can't get rid of :-P ). Virtually the only way this could ever change is when some guy in sunglasses knocks on my door with a suitcase full of money (talking about an XL Samsonite here) and a ticket to the Carribean. Sorry Arlo, but there are SOME priorities in life... :-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Roseman » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:32 am

Menyak
No one would ever blame you for taking the offer we all would but you can still get an internet connection in the Carribean so there is no excuse to reamining a at least a member!!! ;-D
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Arlo » Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:39 am

"Some guy with sunglasses"? B-)

Kind of makes you wonder what menyak's been doing on the side...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:35 am

menyak wrote: Virtually the only way this could ever change is when some guy in sunglasses knocks on my door with a suitcase full of money (talking about an XL Samsonite here) and a ticket to the Carribean. Sorry Arlo, but there are SOME priorities in life... :-D

:-o So youre saying you have a thing for guys in shades and would run away with the right one ? :-o :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby slowkidz » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:07 am

Homeless wrote: :-o So youre saying you have a thing for guys in shades and would run away with the right one ? :-o :-)

better a guy with shades than a guy with his "silk scarf"...hehehe
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Indy Dragons » Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:44 am

I believe he said the guy would have a suitcase and A ticket. Not two tickets!! I'm guessing that means menyak is going alone!

My original intent with my post was to be funny in how many times I've been a winner, as I've never won that many times before in my life, not to complain about the pop-ups or anything. I think it is funny that at some site (might be here), I keep getting a pop-up that says I'm the 1,000th visitor to their site, and I've won something (I've been the 1,000th visitor about 1,000 times!!) some pop-ups are just funny!!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:29 pm

Slowkidz wrote:better a guy with shades than a guy with his "silk scarf"...hehehe

guy with a silk scarf?!?!?!.....that freaky looking thing is no guy!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:07 pm

Homeless wrote::-o So youre saying you have a thing for guys in shades and would run away with the right one ? :-o :-)

Dang, I almost thought Homeless had me... :-o Thanks for reading the fine print, Indy, if you ever kill your wife and need a false alibi, just send me a PM... :-]
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:28 pm

Homeless wrote:
menyak wrote: Virtually the only way this could ever change is when some guy in sunglasses knocks on my door with a suitcase full of money (talking about an XL Samsonite here) and a ticket to the Carribean. Sorry Arlo, but there are SOME priorities in life... :-D

:-o So youre saying you have a thing for guys in shades and would run away with the right one ? :-o :-)

lol... thats good. B-) hehehe
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk