Ratio of Faulk to Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ratio of Faulk to Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ratio of Faulk to Jackson

Postby Yellow Dog » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:11 am

Just wondering what people are projecting the touch split to be between Faulk and Stephen Jackson. Maybe I'm just trying to justify my choice of Jackson with the 100th overall pick, but my instincts are telling me that he's going to end up getting alot more work than folks are anticipating, even WITHOUT an injury to Faulk. I think it might have been on ESPN, but I seen a feature where Faulk is enjoying teaching Jackson and perhaps at the same time he wants to get this kid alot of carries simply to lengthen his own career. Obvioulsy a Faulk injury is going to benefit a Stephen Jackson owner hugely. But I'm more interested in what the week-to-week operation of the Rams backfield with a healthy Marshall Faulk will be like. Thanks!
Yellow Dog
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomkatt » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:33 am

I think it is still going to be a large dose of the Marshall plan. Jackson will probably get some carries to give Faulk a breather, but I don't see him getting a lot unless Faulk goes down.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:44 am

Great Question Yellow Dog - Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

I think to answer that one has to go by their past rushes per game. Last yr they ran the ball fewer than most teams: 25.7 rushes per game. Faulk averaged 19 of those carries a game.

In 2002 they were dead last at 21.4 attempts per game. Faulk saw an avg of 15.7 of those.

Now that precedence is known, we can better guess what to expect this yr. I see maybe 25-26 rushing attempts a game this yr. Faulk should get the slight majority of those. One can reasonably expect Faulk to get about 15 rushing attempts per game with SJackson averaging around 10.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby greenman » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:44 am

Faulk will go down, its just a matter of when and for how long. The sooner the better though I'd like to get Jackson in as soon as possible, at which point he should put up some decent numbers.
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:50 pm

I don't like wishing injuries on guys but I would really have my league by the ass if Faulk went down for a long period of time. At worst I would like to see St. Louis use Jackson in goalline situations to take points away from the Faulk owner.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Cantoncodfish » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:17 pm

Wait a minute, i am a Faulk owner and i think he was a steal in the second round!If your getting a 1pt per catch he will be a stud (barring injury)!I do have jackson also but id rather see Marshall stay healthy he has a way of getting it in the zone!You wont see Priest or LT numbers but if healthy he could be a top 5 back again.I think jackson will get around 5-7 carries a game and no goal line.
Cantoncodfish
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Trader Joe » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:23 pm

I think its faulk about 65% of the time, but its gonna be Jackson 90% of the time when Faulk goes down. I like faulk and dont want to see him hurt, but it happens.
Trader Joe
Trader Joe
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:20 pm

Trader Joe wrote:I think its faulk about 65% of the time, but its gonna be Jackson 90% of the time when Faulk goes down. I like faulk and dont want to see him hurt, but it happens.

you forgot the part about "every year" at the end of your post
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby IRON CHEF » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:14 pm

Its not really clear at this point how Martz plans to use them. Faulk indeed has been taking the role of leader and teaching Jackson, strange for a charestically quiet guy.

But I would guess that Jackson won't be used all that much. Faulk will get around 20 and Jackson will get around 5. I can seem him being used in short yd situations and possibly goal line but I am leaning toward Faulk being a clear feature back.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk