Just Pulled off HUGE trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just Pulled off HUGE trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just Pulled off HUGE trade

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:05 pm

I packaged shaun alexander and drew bledose and gave them up for jeff garcia and anthony thomas.

GOOD TRADE or BAD TRADE. My team is as followed

Garcia, carter
George, Thomas, portis
Owens, Moulds, Chambers, Coles
Riemersama, Conwell
nedney, akers
chicago, denver

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:53 pm

It is a pretty fair trade, although I think you got the worst end of it. I would be blasting you if you didn't have Eddie George, because the A-Train is not a #1 back. I can see you needed a better QB, but Shaun Alexander is a top 4 player in fantasy land. Shouldn't hurt you to much though.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Questi4111 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:00 pm

Yeah i think you didn't make a good trade. RB is always more important than QB and since you had alexander it is worst. I think bledsoe would have been fine, the other guy loses 1 point for losing garcia and gains 3 for getting alexander while you lose 3 from alexander and gain 1 for getting garcia. But if you trade well and get lucky you should do fine since you got owens (no sarcasm).
Questi4111

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:11 pm

thanks for input..........i think it was fair because my RB tandem is still the best in my league and qb's get a point for all completions

Montana...are you high??

Postby Homefront Security » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:33 pm

The A-Train IS a #1 back. And oh, btw, the Seahawks offensive line is going to struggle this year and so is Alexander. Thier star tackle is holding out because of contract disputes. On my team, I am trying to get rid of Alexander for that reason. He had one good year, where all of his blockers were healthy and on the field for every snap. That's not the case this year. It was an even trade. I don't believe either coach got the short end. But only time will tell...
Homefront Security

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:53 pm

How can you say that the A-Train is a #1 back when he has had only one good year, while you seem to be saying Shaun Alexander is a flash in the pan? Anthony Thomas couldn't even run on the Vikings.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:51 pm

Montana,

HomeSec is not saying that Alexander is a flash in the pan, but that his O-line is not what it was and he's not as valuable right now. OTOH, Thomas didn't have a great game, but he did get a TD in the second half, and caught some passes for good yardage. Alexander had slightly less overall yardage and caught a TD pass.

Let's not forget that neither of them have played a full season yet. They both won their jobs due to injury of their incumbents.

IMNSHO, they are about equal right now, with Thomas having a slight advantage. In any case, expect both backs to have good games this weekend.

With that in mind, the QBs become the focal point of the trade.

Getting Garcia for Bledsoe is a steal. The thread originator definitely got the better end of the deal.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:29 pm

I see that Garcia is better than Bledsoe, but I can't see how you could call it a STEAL, but your point is well taken. I would now probably call this trade even.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:31 pm

It's a steal in that Garcia is an elite fantasy QB and Bledsoe has been merely average (to this point). Alexander and Thomas cancel each other out.

Scenario: I have Garcia and you have Bledsoe. Would you like to swap? I thought so.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

DON'T OVERLOOK

Postby ROYBOY » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:08 am

Do not overlook the fact that Alexander plays in a new division.Rams twice 49ers twice-get behind and its throw throw throw.BUT relax it is week1 and talent is everywhere-NO wait RELAX if you use to much evaluation there is no reason why you would have Corey Dillon on your team. He's on mine. Alexanders on mine because a-train was gone but alexander was gone. I will say it now and hold me to this if you have alexander or a-train you are a plessed man
ROYBOY

Next

Return to Football Talk