mcgahee a bill - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

mcgahee a bill

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cupertino_11 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:07 am

Apparently the Bills think that IF McGahee gets his form back, he'll be an upgrade over Travis Henry, which I'm inclined to agree on. In 2004, if deemed ready, McGahee would get the starting nod and Henry would end up being another "Peerless Price". Surely some team would give up at least a first rounder to get a RB like Henry. Either way one of them will have to move, and in this case I'd have to say the veteran loses out.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Roseman » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:15 am

Nero wrote:I think the plan has to be this...get MacGahee in shape to go in 2004. Sign Henry to an offer sheet that's reasonable so that another team (redskins??) snags him off the market and the Bills end up with compensatory picks

This looks like the plan to get McGahee ready to go and back to 100% and then trade Henry next year but there is no chance Henry is going to the Redskins. They got rid of a player that had the exact same style as Henry because he didnt fit in to the O. But some one will always want a 1400 yrd rusher that fumbles a lot !!!
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby dirtywurm » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:13 pm

Henry will be gone by 2005 if not in 2004. McGahee is one of the most versatile backs to come out of college in some time. Im just glad to see him not have to play for Raiders and get screwed over by big Al. Hes worth a late round pick in a keeper league imo.
dirtywurm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:30 pm

This reminds me a lot of when the Saints drafted McCallister when Ricky Williams was thier starter. They'll probably end up trading Henry in a year or two for a boatload of picks.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:20 pm

lets not get too carried away on the Willis good knee wagon...........he still has yet to step foot in a practice or camp let alone a game...........and if most of you fellas feel this strongly about Willis then why the hate on Edge.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:31 pm

i think its cause people can see willis progressing in rehab. i never liked the guy this year but this injury and his work ethic has turned me into a fan!
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Overdue Bills

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:31 am

The Bills' management just wired twelve bricks of C4 to their chests and they're planning to dive off the highboard into a pool emptied of water and filled with filament of mercury detonators.

Am I serious?

Oh yeah. Let's look at what realistically happens here. Henry can see the writing on the wall; he flipped out when the pick was announced. So what's he do? He practically kills himself becoming the best running back of 2003, that's what.

Then what? Well ... because the Bills don't have him under a long contract, they have a choice between letting him go for virtually nothing and enraging the fans in the process OR they sign him to a contract that A) They don't want to honor and B) Other teams won't likely touch due to the cap crunch. [The Bills may have other options; I'm not that up on the Franchise tag and such. My point is that they're likely going to get bunged.]

This is another Bungles type move. You don't need this guy right now, so why use a 1st rounder on him? The Bills made some defensive improvement through free agency but they need alot more and should have drafted for their defense in the 1st.

I guess with all of the good moves the Bills have made in the last couple of years, they were overdue for some bad moves. Getting rid of Price was bad enough, but this draft pick is just ludicrous. I don't care what their (financial) reasoning was in letting Price go; it was faulty. They only had a handful of great players, and he was one of them. When you go out in the garden to work, you pull the weeds, not the healthy plants. Letting go of an expensive, declining player like Emmitt Smith may be good strategy, but letting go of a rising star like Price is pure insanity.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk