Holmes news... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Holmes news...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby slowkidz » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:33 pm

I don't see him falling out of the top 8 RBs...People will still want him and most won't accept the fact that he may be really really hurt...I'd prolly say 5th-8th pick....
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:07 pm

Slowkidz wrote:I don't see him falling out of the top 8 RBs...People will still want him and most won't accept the fact that he may be really really hurt...I'd prolly say 5th-8th pick....

agreed...no matter what is said right now, Holmes will be taken in the 1st round somewhere in the top 10....unless solid proff comes out that he is seriously hurt most will gamble on the former rushing champ.... I look at it this way, everyone is nervous about holmes because of a unknown injury and the fact KC drafted a RB....what about the Bills?...they drafted a RB too, does this mean Henry will split carries? be traded?....theres a couple of more unknowns yet he is still considered a top 5 back...its all opinions until the hard facts come out.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Priest Holmes

Postby Wolfpig » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:22 pm

There is little doubt in anyone's mind right now that RB Priest Holmes is not ready to go for the 2003 season. With that said, there is no question about who the #1 RB is this season, LaDanian Tomlinson.

Keep in mind the following things: the Chargers brought in the best blocking FB in the NFL in Lorenzo Neal to pave even bigger holes for him, the addition of WR David Boston will undoubtably draw a little attention from opposing strong safeties, and QB Drew Brees should be coming into his own a bit this year, taking even more heat off the guy. Look for the Chargers to show the league that they can pass the ball early to make defensive coordinators sweat, then return to a more smash-mouth approach by the time we hit October. I think LT could possibly make a run at 2000 yards this year along with a healthy dose of TDs, enough to make any fantasy owner smile wide. I wish I had him in my league!

Also in an unrelated story, WR Eric Parker (if you haven't heard of him, look him up) may end up being the #2 receiver in Charger-land. Reche Caldwell has had difficulty picking up the system, is apparently a poor route-runner, and didn't show up for the team's first mini-camp. Check out Parker as a late-round sleeper this year, especially in keeper leagues where you have players you can sit on a year. Oh and in case you're wondering, WR Tim Dwight is not an every-down second receiver.

The Pig
Wolfpig
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Slingblade » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:22 pm

there is no way i would take holmes....WAY to big of a risk
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter