how to treat return yards leagues? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

how to treat return yards leagues?

Moderator: Football Moderators

how to treat return yards leagues?

Postby jjigglers » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:59 pm

i've never particpated in one before, and i was just curiuos what to expect from returners. noticing their high point totals, i figured they would be a good bet, but on second thought, the lack of potential for a HUGE game might make up for it.

my league is 20yds/point for all types and 6pts/TD. i was able to snag Dante Hall in the 7th round, Michael Lewis in the 12th, and McCareins in the 14th. Dante Hall was the second leading WR last year, and McCareins was top 10 or 15 because of his return yards.

my question is this: is banking on returners putting too many of my eggs into one basket?

thanks.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:07 pm

Nope, it's a solid game plan. Compared with the benefit of picking up potential first or second round talent in round seven and below, the risks are very small.

Put aside your worries - it looks like you played your cards extremely well.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:20 pm

i say its a good move, theys guys are guarenteed about 60 yards as a bare minimum, and are able to break out, i think you shold be in good shape

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jjigglers » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:29 pm

i just figure im looking at about 6-8 points max per game unless one of these guys breaks out for a improbable touchdown, where as conventional recievers can push upwards of 12-15 points on a good week, but follow with a 0-5 week.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MMH » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:42 pm

I am pretty much an "expert" with return leagues as I have been in one for three years and won our superbowl last year with a WR corps of Dante Hall, Michael lewis and Steve Smith (who I actually drafted for his returning and was pleasantly suprised)

Dante Hall is every bit as good as Randy Moss in this situation, in fact I rank him better because with Hall returning you will never be left with less than 50 ish yards. I always draft guys who will get me the minimum of 80 yards a game, those guys being Hall, Lewis and JJ Moses as of last year. Dont just limit it to WR's though, Josh Scobey is also a pretty potent RB in this system as is Chad Morton. They make good servicable number 3 backs at least. Antwaan Randle El is another nice pick.

Basically just check your depth charts and if you see a guy listed as both the number 1 kick and punt returner feel obliged to grab them and stash them on your roster.

Its an easy way to win your league, though it does have a hollow feel to it as its legal "cheating" in some ways, but hey you didnt make the rules. ;-D
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jjigglers » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:53 pm

yeah ive been trying to find room for drummond, maybe drop boldin for him. anyways, thanks.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk