Griese or Brad Johnson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Griese or Brad Johnson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Griese or Brad Johnson?

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:03 pm

I just picked up Brad Johnson from the wire in my league. I was pissed of by the mediocer play of Griese last week (17 points) and I am tempted by Brad Johnson and his 24 points last week. Griese plays the underrated 49ers D, while Johnson plays the Ravens. What is up with the Ravens? Through sallery cap hell can they still be a great D? Who should I start?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby howard » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:05 pm

hands down johnson the panthers almost killed the ravens
johnson will put up a great week
howard

Friendliness: %

Postby Questi4111 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:08 pm

yeah i second that Johnson looks like he is just getting comfortable with his recievers. Griese isn;t looking good at all. And Baltimore's D is overated.
Questi4111

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:04 pm

Thanks for the advice. If I can start Johnson I would love to trade Griese and either the Bus or Kevin Barlow for a better QB. Who should I go after?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homefront Security » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:40 pm

Keep in mind that all signs still point to Gruden switching to Rob Johnson as the starter by the mid-to-late season. Rob suits Grudens style offense much better than Brad. Yeah, if you can trade Griese and The Bus for an elite QB go for it (Griese still hasn't performed well). If you can find a newbie owner with a problem at RB you might be able to do it. Most owners know that Griese isn't a good start in many fantasy leauges, so you might not get as valuable a QB as you think. I don't mean to be the one that is in opposition to the majority, but I'd say you should give Griese a couple weeks to mature...let him get into game shape both physically and mentally again after the offseason and then grade his performance. He's got alot of weapons at his disposal and if he can get HIMSELF together he'll have a huge season.
Homefront Security

Postby jorge » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:44 pm

brad johnson sucks. i wouldnt start this guy over griese. having that said, it all depends on keenan mccardell. if he doenst play, there is no way johnson can be effective. ravens defense are very underrated right now. afterall they onlly gave up 7 points in week 1. they wont give up much to tampa.
jorge

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:16 pm

Could I get more if it was Brad Johnson and either the bus or Barlow?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk