C. Dillon vs. K. Barlow - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C. Dillon vs. K. Barlow

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:08 pm

bwzabodyn wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Barlow will torch Dillon's stats this year.

Barlow will have like 1420 and 10-11
Dillon will have like 1100 and 6-7.

New England will not use Dilldon enough.
San Francisco will HAVE to use Barlow.

my thoughts exactly - it's not even going to be close... let's see, the situation in SF is pretty similar to the situation in SD - and we've all seen what LT2 does in that offense - the only difference is that SF actually has a much better D and will be able to stay in games longer... I'm looking for 1600 total yds and 12 total TD's...
Ya except Tomlinson is going to be one of the greatest of all time and Barlow won't be.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:10 pm

warrick95 wrote:However, SF has one of the worst, if not the worst (okay, SD is probably worse) offensive lines in the league. How much room will Kevan Barlow get? Not much. How many TDs can he get if his team can barely move the ball? Not much. So, that will most definitely be a problem this season.

I'm not exactly sure where this information comes from, but I have the SF O-Line listed right in the middle of the pack, not the worst of the league. They've had some shuffling going on through the line, but it still looks good.

After reading up on this a little more, it appears that run blocking will be particularly good if Kwame Harris (first round pick of 2003 draft) steps up and Newberry and Heitmann keep healthy.

He isn't going to get the same blocking that the O-Line for the Patriots give, but I think Barlow is a more talented back anyway.

I have Barlow over Dillon both in total yardage and TDs.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Rob035 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:30 pm

IMO, Barlow will have a much better year. Last year he split carries with Hearst and still rushed for 1024 yards on 201 carries for 5.1 ypc (behind only Portis, Green, Jamal, and LT for 1000 yard rushers). He'll get an extra 80-100 carries this year and will easily get 1300 rushing yards plus 400+ yards recieving.

As for Dillon, the pats offense is built on the passing game. His 15 carries the first week will be what will happen every week. Without a large number of carries he wont be a productive fantasy player(only averaging 4.0 ypc the last 3 years).The one positive that Dillon has is that he will get more scoring oppurtunities, but even that isnt guarenteed with new england's pass first offense.
Last edited by Rob035 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob035
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:35 pm

I will say Barlow.

He will have more carries.
He will have more receptions.
He will have more tds.

I also think he will have more total yards as well.

Once Faulk gets back he will cut into Dillons time, and they will throw more dumpoffs to him.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:38 pm

However, SF has one of the worst, if not the worst (okay, SD is probably worse) offensive lines in the league. How much room will Kevan Barlow get? Not much. How many TDs can he get if his team can barely move the ball? Not much. So, that will most definitely be a problem this season.

Dunno what you are thinking!!..SF has consistently averaged in the top 10 rushing teams in the league... every single year. They are a very consistent and good O Line, they got younger and probably more talented this year.

last year barlow had 1000 odd and Hearst had 850 odd.... you dont get those sort of numbers with the 2nd worst O line.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:08 am

biju wrote:After reading up on this a little more, it appears that run blocking will be particularly good if Kwame Harris (first round pick of 2003 draft) steps up and Newberry and Heitmann keep healthy.
Agreed on your O-line comments and a little tidbit about Kwame. Word out of camp is that he is way better this year than last and looks like the monster that they wanted when they drafted him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MEK4178 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:36 am

I'd take Dillon personally. NE is more of a passing team but they will work him more into the offense week by week. Dillon will see way more chances to score than barlow, and NE is just a much better offense overall.

Tell me something, name one other back besides LT that succeeds on a shitty team?

Thats right, so why do you all think Barlow can do it?
MEK4178
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Rob035 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:13 pm

MEK4178 wrote:Tell me something, name one other back besides LT that succeeds on a shitty team?

Travis Henry on buffalo (6-10) and Fred Taylor on Jacksonville (5-11) had pretty good years last year.
Rob035
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:41 pm

People judge way too much on one game. You think the 15 carries is going to be norm? Definitely not.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk