What the hell is going on with McCardell? Dead weight! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What the hell is going on with McCardell? Dead weight!

Moderator: Football Moderators

What the hell is going on with McCardell? Dead weight!

Postby Reincry » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:56 pm

Re-sign with the Bucs.

Then interest by KC.

Then interest by Vikings.

Then interest by Chicago.

Now what? He's dead weight right now on my roster and I am not sure if I should free his sorry arse up or not. I know that the moment I drop him, something will happen and he'll be a stud. But, if I keep him, he'll do nothing. It's a catch 22. LOL!

Any news on this idiot?
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:59 pm

Latest news I've heard is that he is an idiot as reported on FFC. I had always suspected this, now it is confirmed.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Reincry » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:01 pm

LOL!

I mean he's not even listed on the Tampa Bay roster at all. Is it no go there at all? Hell, I'd take Tim Brown right now. I'm struggling!

My Team:

QB (1) - T. Brady, K. Boller
RB (1-2) - D. McAllister, M. Bennett, L. Gordon
WR (1-4)- D. Mason, J. Porter, A. Lelie, M. Robinson, K. McCardell, D. Watts, C. Wilson, J. Morton
TE (1-3 Opt.)- A. Crumpler
K (1) - J. Wilkins
D/ST (1) - Ravens
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:09 pm

depending on who is available on the wire I would hold onto him as long as you can. I have him on a couple of benches and he's staying but I have no bye week issues to deal with. If you need a wr... dump him. He ain'y playing for Tampa IMO, and even if he does land somewhere add another week or two for him to do anything. He is 34 years old and has no playing time so far this year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Reincry » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:22 pm

Good points. If things go my way, my team could light up about week 4 (Injuries over, McCardell signs, sleepers get hot, etc.)

Well, here's to hoping!
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TTTBone » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:46 pm

i'd drop him for Ladell Betts, I did. :-?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Reincry » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:56 pm

Um, what?

Ah, you fell for the Portis injury. I started that.

;)
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dukes and Terps » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:01 pm

McCardell is the worst kind of dead weight, an aging, overrated premadonna who cares only for money and not playing the game because its fun. I drafted Boldin in round 12 and despite the injury I wouldnt trade him for McCardell right now because at least I know Boldin will play in about a month, and play well. The Bucs dont F around and they will keep his ass off the team all season if he doesnt become more reasonable in his demands. THat said, if you invested a pick in the first 10 rounds you are almost obliged to hold on to him till at least week 3, after which if there is no progress I would dump his sorry ass.
Dukes and Terps Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tman570 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:32 am

Dukes and Terps wrote:McCardell is the worst kind of dead weight, an aging, overrated premadonna who cares only for money and not playing the game because its fun. I drafted Boldin in round 12 and despite the injury I wouldnt trade him for McCardell right now because at least I know Boldin will play in about a month, and play well. The Bucs dont F around and they will keep his ass off the team all season if he doesnt become more reasonable in his demands. THat said, if you invested a pick in the first 10 rounds you are almost obliged to hold on to him till at least week 3, after which if there is no progress I would dump his sorry ass.

I agree, hold him for a few weks and then if he does nothing dump him
tman570
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

why is he a primadonna?

Postby pappymojo » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:22 am

He is a very good player who had a very good year last year. He is old and he feels underpaid. Don't you guys have jobs? Do you know what it is like to feel like you are not getting properly compensated for the value that you offer your employer? I say he should go for it. Get the money. He only has a limited time frame to make money before he retires.

Hold on to him. He will be a valuable receiver later in the year.
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk