What the hell is going on with McCardell? Dead weight! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What the hell is going on with McCardell? Dead weight!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: why is he a primadonna?

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:35 pm

pappymojo wrote:He is a very good player who had a very good year last year. He is old and he feels underpaid. Don't you guys have jobs? Do you know what it is like to feel like you are not getting properly compensated for the value that you offer your employer? I say he should go for it. Get the money. He only has a limited time frame to make money before he retires.

I don't think you can compare occupations as well when salaries differ by millions.

pappymojo wrote:Hold on to him. He will be a valuable receiver later in the year.

I am going to keep him on my bench at least until bye weeks begin to affect my roster (unless it becomes official that he is out for the year).

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:40 pm

pappymojo wrote:He is a very good player who had a very good year last year. He is old and he feels underpaid.

So if you are old in the NFL, you should get paid more?

This guy is 35. He had a career year last year. At 35, he's not going to replicate what he did last year. However, he thinks he should be paid like the top receivers in the game. That is dumb. Would you pay Keenan McCardell the type of money that TO, Moss, or Coles gets? No. You don't pay old players. He signed a contract. Honor it.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pappymojo » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:48 pm

shortsavage wrote:I don't think you can compare occupations as well when salaries differ by millions.

I do.

Look at the Bucs. Warren Sapp, John Lynch, Keyshawn Johnson all gone. Keyshawn is a primadonna. He wasn't as good as he made himself out to be. He didn't perform well but he demanded special attention and he negatively affected the team. Keenan is a proven performer who has greatly contributed to the success of his team. There's a difference. I understand being frustrated because you own him in your league, but the guy is not a primadonna.

I would be hopeful. When he comes back he might be pissed off with something to prove.
'nuff said
pappymojo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk