Best Draft???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Draft????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Draft????

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:32 am

on the first day who do you think has had the best draft.....

Petey is gonna love me for this but I say Detroit so far.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Cupertino_11 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:51 am

Detroit did well, but I have to give the A+ to the Ravens....hands down best draft. ;-D

Terrell Suggs - As a projected LB in the Ravens defense....QB's will have nowhere to run with Suggs closing in on the left, Boulware from the right, and Bam Bam Ray Lewis jamming the middle. Scaaaarrrrry.

Kyle Boller - Out of the top three QB's drafted this year, Boller will make the earliest impact. Redman just seems to fragile. Kyle will struggle, but this pick filled their biggest need position.

Musa Smith - A big, strong runner similar to Jamal Lewis. Looks to be a solid backup and good value in the third round. If Lewis goes down, this will be the man.

Overall though, I'd say it will be another similar season in Baltimore with a struggling offense and a smothering defense. We'll see if the defense can carry them again. I don't see why not.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indy Dragons » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:11 am

The Ravens did awesome, as did the Lions, but I am taking a different team, but not sure which one of two I really like the best:

1) New England - May not have the best players taken for this draft (though they are pretty good value), they filled some holes they had, AND have acquired a butt load of picks for next years draft!!

2) Jacksonville - May be my favorite. Getting Leftwich, and being allowed to let him sit for the first year is a great deal. Then getting Rashean Mathis in the second, and somehow snapping up guard Vince Manuwai in the THIRD round is a steal!! I really look for the Jaguars to make some noise in 2003!!
Indy Dragons
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Roseman » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:24 am

My vote will have to go with the Ravens too. There draft team has done an outstanding job to get the players they wanted and to dramatically improve there team.

I also like what Detroit has done they have also done a reat job but I have to give a Hell of an Honourable Mention to the Bengals. They have drafted not nessecarlyfor this year but with Palmer at QB, Steinbach protecting him and inproveing the run game, Washington will give Palmer another target who may even score the #3 job this year and be at #2 by next and they justed picked Weathersby in the 4th another solid pick up that was projected to go much eariler.
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby Homeless » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:28 am

The Bills of course !! haha

Seriously, have to say the Ravens. getting Suggs at 10th was great for them.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby terpfan » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:51 am

ravens and lions did very well i think but how about those bungles?

carson palmer
eric steinbech
kelly washington
dennis weathersby

they have had the first pick, but still they are the bengals. im impressed. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:39 am

Agreed - the Ravens did phenominally well, and the fact that they were a bit lucky doesn't detract from their success. Detroit did a nice job, too, and I like what the Bengals did, especially the Steinbach pick.

Just to add a bit of controversy, here are two more I like:

Cleveland. I just really, really like the Jeff faine pick. He'll help them a lot more than all sorts of 'sexier' picks. Thompson is an interesting project, too.

Minnesota. Yes, the laughingstock of the draft. They couldn't get a deal done, or at least the tricky part involving telephones, and slipped a couple notches, an unprecedented goof. Everyone's chuckling about how inept they are. The coaching staff is furious. What fools. How embarrassing.

Oh yeah: they got the guy they wanted, and with some good negotiating, they'll have to pay a considerably lower signing bonus than they would have if they had made their pick on time...

If I'm in an NFL front office today, this is the pick I'm talking about. And unless the league steps in, you'll see a lot more teams doing this in the future, which could make for some very complicated drafts...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dirtywurm » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:06 pm

I think the Ravens had a great draft. Bengals and Lions did decent as well although im not real high on Palmer. Also the Seahawks getting Trufant to go with Springs will make one of the best set of corners in the league if they can stay healthy. Plus they traded a 6th rounder for Norman Hand.
dirtywurm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VIPER » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:02 pm

Got to go with the Ravens as well.....even thought they did not get Leftwich I think they still look good. Boller might develop into something special. Smith is a good pickup...and they never thought they would have a chance at Suggs.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:18 pm

I agree that the Ravens had a tremendous 1st round...but if Suggs was taken earlier,,,,it would not of happened...they would've taken Boller and that's it..........so yes they were really smart about it,, but how lucky can an already great defense be when he lands into your lap at 10th..........seriously.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Next

Return to Football Talk