Best Draft???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Draft????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Palmer

Postby DUKE » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:05 am

DraftDodger wrote:Okay DUKE, you convinced me ... the Bengals CAN develop Palmer. Was he worth a #1 spot though? In October he was ranked only fifth among QBs who would be eligible for the draft, with Leftwich ranked 1st and Simms 4th. The ranking was by Frank Coyle, a pro scout and publisher of Draft Insiders' Digest, an NFL Draft and Free Agency publication for the past 11 years.

Sometimes we get so used to being down on an organization (or a person) that we don't notice or give credit when they start turning themselves around. It's a tricky process, and as we've seen with teams like Denver and Minnesota over the years, your offense can rise as your defense is falling, and your defense can improve as your offense is declining.
Palmer is good news for the Bengals. He's just not good fantasy news for this year.

What's up DD. I agree. He's not good fantasy-wise this year, and I truly hope that they stick to their word and let him sit, study, and absorb the offense. About the Defense: The Bengals signed 4 Defensive free agents during this offseason, which I think will significantly help. They also Drafted Dennis Weathersby, who was projected to be a 1st round corner back w/ good size and speed. He did get shot in the back ( 8-o ) 48 hrs before the draft, but was check extensively by the doctors and expect him to be fully recovered within 6 weeks.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VIPER » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:47 pm

Ah yeahhh....Heeeere they are.....

The best draft of all.....Ravens!!
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter