special situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

special situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

special situation

Postby STEELtownUSA » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:19 pm

This week was very tough for our league. One of our league members passed away. We want to use some of the prize money for some sort of memorial but we dotn know what to do with his team. Should we have the lm adjust his roster, or should we have one of his good freinds take over his team. He loved fantasy more than anything and we want to do this right.
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:39 pm

Very sorry to hear that. :,-(

Obviously, any fantasy league becomes entirely trivial in the face of a tragedy like this, but having a close friend take over sounds like a good idea. Also, renaming your league or the champion's trophy in your leaguemate's honor might be a nice touch.

Again, very sorry for your loss.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:43 pm

Arlo wrote:Very sorry to hear that. :,-(

Obviously, any fantasy league becomes entirely trivial in the face of a tragedy like this, but having a close friend take over sounds like a good idea. Also, renaming your league or the champion's trophy in your leaguemate's honor might be a nice touch.

Again, very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear the news...I agree 100% w/ Arlo, the Trophy would be a sweet touch.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:46 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:Sorry to hear the news...I agree 100% w/ Arlo, the Trophy would be a sweet touch.

I agree, naming your league trophy after him/her would be very touching. Sorry about your loss.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:46 pm

Man,sorry to hear about that,that truly sucks.Definitely honor him in whatever way the rest of the league sees fit.As far as his team,let an interested friend or family member take over...at least that's what I would want.

Again,truly sorry to hear this...
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Slingblade » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:48 pm

very sorry to hear about your loss...arlo summed it right up, naming the league and having the trophy named in his honor would be a great thing to do.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:50 pm

As for the team, I would try and get a family member or friend to take over. If they don't know much of fantasy I'd give them honest and logical advice throughout the season. If you can't get one , I'd get the commish to take over with input from the rest of the league.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby STEELtownUSA » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:13 pm

thanks for all your suggestions
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:08 pm

Truly sorry to hear about your loss.

Renaming the trophy is a very nice touch. Wouldn't it be great if his team won, too.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk