Arthur Rhodes Stealin Carries from Edge??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arthur Rhodes Stealin Carries from Edge???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:58 am

I am pleased with Edge's performance... I had a feeling about him this year... I traded down from Priest, Portis, and McAllister to get him as my #1 in all of my leagues... Of course, in one of those leagues, I had a sneaking suspicion he might get stuffed at the goal line and subbed in Griffin this week... I guess we'll see how that works out for me...

Overall, I am very pleased to see the way he's running... This was one of those games where things just didn't break his way, and that's going to happen from time to time, especially against the best D in football... But if a disappointing game for Edge is going to be 142 yards rushing and 29 yards receiving, I'm going to be a very happy guy this year...

The TD's will come... He caught some nasty breaks this week... Needing a breather after they ran him the entire way down the field, and having Rhodes sub in just in time to get a TD was just bad luck... The fumbles inside the redzone sucked, I'll admit, and the bootleg by Manning from the three for a loss of a yard was crappy play calling (even though it worked later on in the game)... But, all in all, you can't complain about 170+ total yards... AND that was playing from behind... What do you think happens when Indy has the lead (like they usually do) and are playing to run out the clock?

All my leagues have different scoring systems... I got 16 points for him in my money league... 12 in one of my cafe leagues... And I would have had 13.10 for him in my other cafe league, but I benched him for Griffin...

If he can keep up those kinds of numbers week-in and week-out, I'll be satisfied...

Overall, I give his performance tonight an A- .... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Shader » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:06 am

Yeah Edgerrin had a "great" game. He lost the game by fumbling on the goalline. I bet Dungy doesn't think he had a great game.

In my league he scored 14 points. In leagues that penalize more for fumbles, he may have only scored 10. That is not a great game for any running back.

Sure, he looked good running the ball, but he did not have a great game. He lost the game for the Colts.
Last edited by Shader on Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:27 am

Edge did put up solid numbers, but for me w/o those 2 td's he was a huge disappointment for my lineup this week. In a standard scoring league (Yahoo) he only put up 4 points for me :-/ . OUCH!! I hope Stephen Davis has a monster game to make up for my dissappointing game by Edge. I think he'll pick up for me but I wanted to start the season off right! :-o
Team 1
QB - M. Vick / D. Carr
RB - Edge/S. Davis/T Wheatley/ L. Gordon
WR - S. Smith/T. Calico/J. Porter/J. McCareins/D. Bennett
TE - A. Crumpler
Def - Jax / Indy
K. - Longwell
Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Rusman » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:41 pm

Does anyone think that if Edge had participated in any preseason games that he wouldn't have needed to rest...at least not at that point?

I am probably mistaken, but didn't edge only run for 2 plays before they took him out? Granted they were two pretty big plays, I think, but still.

I think I'm only complaining because my opponent, who I think has the worst team in our league, is beating me right now :).
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby Pack Fan in HTown » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:02 pm

It's my understanding that they had 9 consecutive running plays with Edge in. I'm sure that even Priest Holmes would have needed a rest after that.
:-°
Pack Fan in HTown
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby canned fuego » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:02 pm

1. He had a mediocre fantasy start this week, unless you're in extremely yardage heavy scoring leagues.

2. Speaking from a non fantasy point of view, with the exception of the goal line fumble, Edge had a pretty good game.

3. Edge owners should take comfort in the fact that last night was encouraging at least, and James will score comsiderably more points in the coming weeks.

4. Arthur Rhodes = Retarded poster. Although I actually called Tommy Maddox Greg Maddox in last years draft.
canned fuego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PuntinFool » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:04 pm

Unfortunately Dusty Rhodes didn't get any points for my team either. :(

PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:13 pm

Im a fan of Edge - I think he will have a great fantasy yr.

However, how about Rhodes? In very limited action he actually looked very good - like he usually has in the past. He was stopped for short gains a few times, but he did look explosive. Im not sure what is going to happen to Edge this offseason, but dont be suprised if Indy doesnt feel compelled to pay him as if they need him. Rhodes could be a very big sleeper right now in keeper leagues.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:32 pm

I wouldn't think twice about Rhodes vulturing TDs. As was stated, Edge just needed a breather at an inoportune time. Edge looked great, had nice moves and great acceleration for the first time in a long time.

Great point that you bring up CM. Along the Rhodes lines, he looks ready to step right in and take over for Edge should he depart next year. He had over 1100 yards and 9 TDs when Edge got hurt in 2001.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Urrah Buttcrack » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:39 pm

I picked up Rhodes anyway. I thought he look good as well.

I'll watch him another week and decide if it was a one time wonder. If Edge keeps fumbling, maybe I have something.
- Urrah Buttcrack
Urrah Buttcrack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk