Arthur Rhodes Stealin Carries from Edge??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arthur Rhodes Stealin Carries from Edge???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:02 pm

its kinda funny how a lot of people say Edge had a great game. Those two fumbles were costly. So was Peyton's ONE sack of the game, and one pick, but overall, those aren't bad numbers. The fumbles is something they cannot do and win.

I am not going to say Edge is going to have 32 fumbles this year, but teams may try to strip him that much more now. That could be trouble for the Colts.

I think he would have had a fantastic game, if he could have not turned the ball over. Especially on the one. Why is most everytime on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, or goal to go on the one, it's a hand off and they can't get the yard?

Great game to open the season though.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby darkrock76 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:05 pm

IF, big emphasis on the if, edge continues to fumble you can be sure Rhodes will start being the goal line RB.
darkrock76
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:32 pm

Fumble problems....pssh, no worries.

5 fumbles last year, I doubt the 2 he had last night were the beginning of a trend.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:39 pm

Pack Fan in HTown wrote:It's my understanding that they had 9 consecutive running plays with Edge in. I'm sure that even Priest Holmes would have needed a rest after that.
:-°

Edge is probably in better condition that Priest. Whether people realize it or not, there are a number of backs in the league who are better than Priest. He just happens to be a very good back in the BEST offense in the league.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:45 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Im a fan of Edge - I think he will have a great fantasy yr.

However, how about Rhodes? In very limited action he actually looked very good - like he usually has in the past. He was stopped for short gains a few times, but he did look explosive. Im not sure what is going to happen to Edge this offseason, but dont be suprised if Indy doesnt feel compelled to pay him as if they need him. Rhodes could be a very big sleeper right now in keeper leagues.

I've been saying that Rhodes will be the starting RB in Indy next year. I firmly believe the decision has already been made barring a deal with Edge that Indy simply can't refuse. Edge will get spelled throughout the season with Rhodes getting about 7-10 carries a game and it will cut into Edge's production. I dealt Edge in a keeper league this year for several reasons... the main 2 being... I think he will be in Miami next year and his production will drop drastically...2nd is what I stated above that Rhodes will make animpact this year... not huge but enough to make a difference.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jumpman8828 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:05 pm

Opinion Ape wrote:Edge looked super super awesome. If they need to give Rhodes -- or maybe K-Rod, or Danny Kolb -- some carries to keep him this awesome all season long, so be it. The TD's will come at some point. Wow. I am excited.

I don't think one of those lower teir guys would take away carries from Edge. If anyone, it's be a Joe Nathan/Francisco Cordero.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk