Patriots win! Bill Belichick not running the ball enough!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Patriots win! Bill Belichick not running the ball enough!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Patriots win! Bill Belichick not running the ball enough!!!

Postby gatorman1122 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:31 pm

Is it just me or is Corey Dillon being robbed of his carries with Belichick's pass-happy offense??? here are some stats- Edge-30 carries for 142 yds while Dillon had only 15 carries for 86 yds. What the heck is up with that??? The Pats threw the ball 8 times in a row in the beginning of the game. They also threw the damn ball when they were at the 1 yd line. Should I be worried to have Dillon as my RB since the Pats don't like to give him the ball???
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:50 pm

Not only did they start with 8 straight passes, Dillon wasn't even on the field for the first drive. I didn't see too many Pat's games last year. I knew when I drafted Dillon that NE was a passing team, but did NE use so many no-back sets last year?
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FFCrazy » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:53 pm

Believe it or not....Belichick probably doesn't care too much how your fantasy team is doing. LOL. He chose the plays that won the game.....again. Nuf' said.
FFCrazy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:53 pm

it was working so they went with it. brady was stepping up and getting long gains, so why go away from that? sure 15 carries is on the low side but its nothing to worry about. he could get 30 next game. also, mike doss was hurt, so the secondary was even more vulnerable than usual.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rodge » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:56 pm

I think one thing to remember is that Kevin Faulk did not play in the game due to personal reasons. That left the Patriots with only FB Patrick Pass to back Dillon up. I think that the Pats were just being a little cautious not to overuse Corey Dillon because they essentially did not have a backup to spell him. Also, they would have been screwed if he had gotten injured.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Guru » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:02 am

Brady is my QB.

w00t ;-D

It looks like Dillon is going to help the NE offense score more tds this year. NE is definatly a pass first offense.

If Dillon continues to get only 15 carries per game, then he is going to have a rough year for his fantasy owners. Even when NE had the lead in second half they continued to throw the ball more then run it. This is only one game, so Dillon owners don't get to worried yet.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Opinion Ape » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:06 am

Dillon will be fine. The weather will take a turn for the worse, and the Pats will run more when the situation calls for it (poor weather, up against a better secondary, bigger lead, another active RB, etc). Corey will be up and down because Corey Dillon goes up and down, but you'e all over-reacting to one game.

And, might I add, he had 86 yards! Would you rather he rush 22 times for 53 yards? It's gonna happen. It happens to nearly every back.
Opinion Ape
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:06 am

Rodge wrote:I think one thing to remember is that Kevin Faulk did not play in the game due to personal reasons. That left the Patriots with only FB Patrick Pass to back Dillon up. I think that the Pats were just being a little cautious not to overuse Corey Dillon because they essentially did not have a backup to spell him. Also, they would have been screwed if he had gotten injured.

This is the correct explanation. Bellicheck talked about it in the postgame.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nepats » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:06 am

Belichick does the opposite of what the other teams thinks hes going to do. That's why they threw the ball 8 times in a row; the Colts think w/ Dillion as running back that they're probably planning some running plays early and the Pats saw it coming. Anyway, all that matters is that they win and I'll take my chances w/ Brady passing the ball. He looked very confident as always which is why I love him.
nepats
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:07 am

heres all i have to say

86 yards a game for 16 games = 1376 yards for the season

sounds good to me
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk