Patriots win! Bill Belichick not running the ball enough!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Patriots win! Bill Belichick not running the ball enough!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:30 am

Belicheck, hasnt relied on the running game for a few years now and doesnt really know how to depend on it. Not to mention Brady was awesome. After some games of figuring out how to properly use or take complete adavantage of dillon, watch out. :-D

Flux, it what you says holds up, with a decent dose of redzone running, wow.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Guru » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:54 am

Flux wrote:heres all i have to say

86 yards a game for 16 games = 1376 yards for the season

sounds good to me

Any starting RB can do that.

Not worth the 2nd round pick Dillon went in most drafts.

15 carries is what I would be worried about the most.
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:22 am

The Guru wrote:

sounds good to me

Only 9 did it last year.

Dillon will absolutely prove to be worth a 2nd round pick by the end of the year IMO.

I mentioned this in the other thread by I think some people are reading into the 15 carries too much. The Patriots were playing the matchup and they didn't a have a reserve RB in order to give Dillon a blow.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:59 am

Amazinz wrote:
The Guru wrote:

sounds good to me

Only 9 did it last year.

Dillon will absolutely prove to be worth a 2nd round pick by the end of the year IMO.

I mentioned this in the other thread by I think some people are reading into the 15 carries too much. The Patriots were playing the matchup and they didn't a have a reserve RB in order to give Dillon a blow.
Edge was getting plenty of blows :,-( . I think he just played a strategy, and those first few series he played it like a video game. 5 WR sets and hurry up in the first series? Thats crazy. But I think Bellichek knows he had no business winning that game (all the Colts mistakes) and I think we are going to see more Corey Dillon next week.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Osk » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:20 am

i hope so....

unfortunately i have both dillon and brady on my team.. he had an awesome game.. and 86 yards isn't horrible (considering only 15 carries! wtf.. 15????).. but it would have been nice if Dillon got a TD..

i have a question.. I was under the impression that c.dillon caught a lot of balls.. yet, i didn't see a single ball thrown to him.. am i mistaken about this assertation? maybe i'm thinking of duce staley.. will dillon get many catches this year? i might have to trade brady or dillon.. hm, we'll see
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:40 am

The Guru wrote:

sounds good to me

obviously every RB cant do that... Thats a pretty decent year yardage-wise, and this will be the worst game he has carry-wise

the 15 carries is a concern, but when your Super Bowl MVP is on fire against your conference rival in the 1st game, which is within a TD for basically the whole game, you go w/ what clicking.

Dillon will get his opportunities, and when NE gets the lead, they will pound it out (they showed flashes of that in this game).

Im not worried at all being a Dillon owner in 2 leagues. If anything Im excited about what I saw. He ran hard, looked quicker than i remember, and made some very fast cuts/moves. Im glad I have him
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pibb55 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:07 am

I think you guys are exaggeratting the pass offense of the Patriots, saying they dont know how to run the ball because the havent the past few years...

Last year there percentages were 52% Pass and 48% Run, the reason he got 15 carries is definetely because Faulk was not their, plus when your QB has not thrown an interception at home in nearly 300 passes (ove the span or 2 or 3 years) you pass all you want.
pibb55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorman1122 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:38 am

when your QB has not thrown an interception at home in nearly 300 passes (ove the span or 2 or 3 years) you pass all you want.

Well, Brady did throw 1 really bad pass (blame it on the wr if u want) that was picked. Remember, Brady also fumbled the ball once during the game, but someone recovered the fumble. Guess who? Corey Dillon! IMO, Bellichick coached like Steve Spurrier in this game. Vanderjagt's miss was a fluke so the Pats were somewhat lucky to get away with a narrow win.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:25 am

I've said all along that NE's spread offense is not conducive to fantasy RB's. I still stick by that.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:26 am

gatorman1122 wrote:
when your QB has not thrown an interception at home in nearly 300 passes (ove the span or 2 or 3 years) you pass all you want.

Well, Brady did throw 1 really bad pass (blame it on the wr if u want) that was picked. Remember, Brady also fumbled the ball once during the game, but someone recovered the fumble. Guess who? Corey Dillon! IMO, Bellichick coached like Steve Spurrier in this game. Vanderjagt's miss was a fluke so the Pats were somewhat lucky to get away with a narrow win.

the pats are a good team dont get me wrong but it seems to me that they have a lot of stuff go their way. The kickoff int he sb, the field goal in this game...its just falls in place for them a little too much...(forshadowing)
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk