Patriots win! Bill Belichick not running the ball enough!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Patriots win! Bill Belichick not running the ball enough!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby drsteuss » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:39 am

One site advised sitting Brady this week. I did not listen. 26 points. Booyakasha.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:25 am

drsteuss wrote:Booyakasha.

Is that Russian?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby drsteuss » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:41 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

Is that Russian?

Half English, Half Jamiacan. Rekognize.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:44 am

Plindsey88 wrote:

Is that Russian?

It's Ali G speak.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:48 am

What did Coach Bill do last year? I know he's not John Fox or anything, that he's not 100% certain to establish the ground game before he thinks about relying on pass plays to move the chains. But he has committed to the run in the past right?

I think the New England play-calling could be lagging a bit from the periods of time where they had no viable running back. During that time it seems like it was an aerial game where they spread it around and change pace with a run here or there that was the norm. Now they have a back they can pound into the defense again and again.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:53 am

I agree with you Wes - from what I saw last night Bill didnt quite know how to use his new toy.

Pats have the ball in the 4th qtr, leading by 3, under 5 minutes left in the game... and they throw the ball 3 straight plays with a fresh RB (15 carries), who is known for getting better as the game wears on, basically watching?!?!? 8-o :-?

That really did frusterate me - now I heard about the KFaulk situation, but even still - that was quite questionable play calling. I dont care if it was the unquestionable Billicek. Give your stud RB the ball in that situation. :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gatorman1122 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:32 am

Pats have the ball in the 4th qtr, leading by 3, under 5 minutes left in the game... and they throw the ball 3 straight plays with a fresh RB (15 carries), who is known for getting better as the game wears on, basically watching?!?!?

That really did frusterate me - now I heard about the KFaulk situation, but even still - that was quite questionable play calling. I dont care if it was the unquestionable Billicek. Give your stud RB the ball in that situation

Amen to that. Billichick's superbowl rings must be cutting off the circulation to his brain.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:21 am

when youre put in a situation where your decisions will win or lose you the game, you go w/ what you know. For the Pats, thats throwing the ball. They know they can succeed by doing that, and are still a little worried about running. But I guarantee by the end of the year, if they are in the same situation, Dillon will get the rock. Dillon will only get better and have better stats as the year goes on
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sammyfan711 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:58 am

No one mentioned that the Colts' poor pass defense was comprimised even more when Mike Doss pulled a hammy. The Pats were exploiting what the Colts were giving them; Dillon will be fine. Last year they did run the ball 51% of the time with a poor RB; my thinking is that will only increase with a stud like Dillon.

Week 1 was an abberation.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rodge » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:31 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:
Pats have the ball in the 4th qtr, leading by 3, under 5 minutes left in the game... and they throw the ball 3 straight plays with a fresh RB (15 carries), who is known for getting better as the game wears on, basically watching?!?!?

That really did frusterate me - now I heard about the KFaulk situation, but even still - that was quite questionable play calling. I dont care if it was the unquestionable Billicek. Give your stud RB the ball in that situation

Amen to that. Billichick's superbowl rings must be cutting off the circulation to his brain.

Just in case anyone has forgotten, the Patriots won the game. Belichick was just doing what was working - passing the ball. Blame Belichick if the Patriots lose, not if they win. Belichick is an awesome coach who's there to win games and ultimately Superbowls, not to get fantasy players their points each game.
"I won't get you sixty, but I'll get you ten sixes."
~Brian Piccolo
Rodge
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk