Post Draft Shuffle Rumors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Post Draft Shuffle Rumors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Post Draft Shuffle Rumors

Postby The Sandwich » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:08 am

OK, we had the free agency period, then the draft period, now the post draft shuffle period. This is the time of year when teams look at the roster now that the draft is final and say, "Hey, maybe we can trade this guy and get that guy." Buried in all the hype of the weekend were a couple of comments that I wanted to share:

One was that Brunell may be trade bait now that Jax picked up Leftwich. Aparently he is pretty pissed with his contract and may be ripe for a trade which would put Leftwich in the starting position.

The other comment I heard on the radio. It was on a local program so it may not have been broadcast widely. They said that with the addition of Trufant in Seattle, Springs could be up for a trade. He also has fallen out of favor with the Seahawks elite because of injuries and questionable "performance enhancement".

Just two more tid bits to "chew" on from the sandwich. (hold the mayo)
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:44 am

You mean this is the part where the Bils realize they didnt need another RB, epsecially one that still may never play pro again :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby The Sandwich » Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:55 am

Ex - Freaking - Zactly!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DUKE » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:37 am

Good article Sandwich(hold the mayo). I don't think Brunell is going anywhere. I don't like the idea of rookie qb's starting right away, and think Leftwich definitely shoudn't. He has some mechanics that need worked on, such as his slow release, lining up under center rather than shotgun, and his ability to evade an NFL pass rush. I think he may end up being a super star, but it could hurt his progress if he's thrown in the fire. Brunell should shut the hell up though. He's not getting any younger, and it's totally understandable why the Jags picked Leftwich.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Return to Football Talk