Kevin Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Jones

Postby graphix28 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:04 am

What's up with this, I heard he is going to split carries with Pinner. Anyone else hear this?
graphix28
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:11 am

yup - they have been saying that all along.

As the season progresses, you can expect KJones to take over the fulltime load. I say somewhere between week 3 and 6 he will be the feature RB and never look back.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:12 am

Yeah, I kinda figured that this would happen- Mooch will ease the Rook into his system, K Jones will probably start by the end of the season though. I heard a couple of things about Mooch wanting to use Pinner like a Moe Williams type of back for short yardage and goalline-

September 9, 2004 1:06 PM ET
Lions: Jones and Pinner to share the load
The News
Lions head coach Steve Mariucci is standing by his blueprint of using multiple running backs, and isn't sure yet how the division of work between Kevin Jones and Artose Pinner will shake out. "Ask me after we play a few games," Mariucci told the Detroit Free Press. "They're both pretty darned inexperienced so we're going to let 'em play and see what they have to offer. We think we know in this limited amount of time we've had them but we've got to see them in real action, see them take care of the football, see them do the right thing with assignments, be precise with their steps and their reads and their protection. It's going to be fun to watch both of those guys."
Our View
It would be more fun to watch just one of those guys, Jones, get almost all the touches, and in the end we're banking on it turning out that way. KJ will be the starter and if he plays up to his potential, it will be a no-brainer for Mooch
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk