Harrison's Opening night - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrison's Opening night

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tmandpimp » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:44 pm

i had harrison as my wr last year and traded him for g. hearst because he was crappy in the first 4 weeks!!!!!ha ha ha what a fool i was.....dont give up on superstars after one week
tmandpimp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby greenman » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:49 pm

Yeah, it sounds like people are quickly jumping to conclusions after 1 game!!
Give him some time.
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby emaja » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:59 pm

King Titan wrote:I wasn't the one who brought Mason into this conversation .....

Short memory? Let me help.

King Titan wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:he is also a titan fan. maybe a little jealousy?

No jealously here - forget fantasy, as a football player I would take D Mason ANYDAY before I would M Harrison. Harrison and his falling down, refusing to fight for tough yards in tough games is CANCER to a team, Mason will put numbers, show great courage and ability after the catch and his hustle and attitude is infectious to those around him.

Correct me if I am wrong, but no one here is saying that Mason isn't a good WR, just your opinion that Marvin stinks. Personally, I am taking exception to you not sticking to your guns. If you have an opinion, stick with it. Don't deny something that we can all clearly read.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:10 pm

This thread completely sucks. KT's ridiculously overzealous homerism has ruined any type of actual debate IMO - thanks dude.

No one is jumping off the Marvin bandwagon or writing him off after last nights game.

My entire argument against Marv is that he should be the #3 rated fantasy WR instead of the #2. I know - its a ridiculous idea aparantly. :-o

I simply dont think that he will approach his 1400-1500 yd days again due to a couple of factors: his new role as more of a posession WR, and the emergence of a couple quality WR options that will take chances away from Marvin.

Im not saying he sucks, Im not knocking his skill, all I am saying is to temper your expectations - he simply isnt a 1500yd guy anymore.

KT is simply an instigator and he baits people into stupid arguments like the Mason v. Marvin one here. I dont know why you guys even bother responding to him.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby greenman » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:12 pm

Can it end now please?
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:43 pm

Harrison was one overthrown ball away from 90/2 last night, don't overanalyze one game....
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bwzabodyn » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:38 pm

But the fact of the matter is that if he continues to play like he did last night (6yd slant after 6 yd slant) he will not finish the season in the top 10... I actually think he will be the #5 or 6 WR this year, which isn't bad, but isn't Marvin...
Formerly bzabodyn (over 1000 posts) - but I was deactivated!!! Poop on you!!!
bwzabodyn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rbrozak » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:03 pm

Colts Fan in Indy here..Had Marvin last year in fantasy..I personally believe it will be disappointing..Last year wasnt that great and this year proves to be even worse for Marvin. WHY? Reggie Wayne, All year HEALTHY Stokley, 2 TE"s Clark and Pollard..Bottom line there are too many places to spread the ball too thus resulting in diminished #'s for Marvin..This is the truth..Glad I picked up Dallas Clark at TE..With all the other Guys he was thrown to in the endzone even though he dropped it..Had 64 yard catch =ing 6 points, NOT BAD..
rbrozak
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby benm3218 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:08 pm

rbrozak wrote:Colts Fan in Indy here..Had Marvin last year in fantasy..I personally believe it will be disappointing..Last year wasnt that great and this year proves to be even worse for Marvin. WHY? Reggie Wayne, All year HEALTHY Stokley, 2 TE"s Clark and Pollard..Bottom line there are too many places to spread the ball too thus resulting in diminished #'s for Marvin..This is the truth..Glad I picked up Dallas Clark at TE..With all the other Guys he was thrown to in the endzone even though he dropped it..Had 64 yard catch =ing 6 points, NOT BAD..

exactly!!!
Manning and Marvin suck! It's what I've been saying.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Osk » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:41 pm

i have never owned mason, and do not plan to anytime soon.. he's not garbage, but he's no #1 WR... bennett will put up similar numbers to him..

if harrison isn't a top 3 WR this year, i'll be dissapointed... will Holt put up better numbers? who knows.. depends.. will faulk stay healthy.. will bulger cut down on Ints? will HOLT be healthy (he's already questionable for game 1).. will isaac bruce bounce back and take away the TDs again (like in the past)? as for marvin.. 44 yards / 1 td wasn't a bad first game.. and maybe he won't get 1500 yards.. but he's very capable of putting 1300 and 15 TDs.. and that's #1-#2 FFB WR numbers..

lets just say, i'm glad i have marvin on my team (catches = 1 pt in my league). and lets just say, I'm not losing any sleep over not having mason on my team.. or my opponent having him.

I think J-Mac is better than mason, personally
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk