Harrison's Opening night - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrison's Opening night

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby andus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:55 pm

Osk wrote:i have never owned mason, and do not plan to anytime soon.. he's not garbage, but he's no #1 WR... bennett will put up similar numbers to him..

Next time make sure you know a little bit more about the situation before making such a bold claim.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:59 pm

benm3218 wrote:
rbrozak wrote:Colts Fan in Indy here..Had Marvin last year in fantasy..I personally believe it will be disappointing..Last year wasnt that great and this year proves to be even worse for Marvin. WHY? Reggie Wayne, All year HEALTHY Stokley, 2 TE"s Clark and Pollard..Bottom line there are too many places to spread the ball too thus resulting in diminished #'s for Marvin..This is the truth..Glad I picked up Dallas Clark at TE..With all the other Guys he was thrown to in the endzone even though he dropped it..Had 64 yard catch =ing 6 points, NOT BAD..

exactly!!!
Manning and Marvin suck! It's what I've been saying.
How can a guy from Tennessee hate Peyton Manning? He made the volunteers dude.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:06 pm

Well put Corn.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:20 pm

Posters like King Titan are one of the reasons that I like the Cafe more during the offseason.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:29 pm

Side comment on Harrison's td...i see how people could say he was out, despite diving down, wasnt he also being forced out I mean there was some contact there wasn't there?

Anyways...I think it's just a matter of time before the Colts open up their playbook a bit. Marvin won't be playing New England everyweek.

And I guess we get to see how Mason and Harrison do next week. My guess is Calico when healthy cuts into Mason's numbers quite a bit.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby T-DIDDY » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:37 pm

2 years ago Harrison had 4 catches for 30 yards in the first game. The owner of Harrison in my league was pissed and traded me Marvin for Eddie George who had 2 TD's in the first game. 143 catches later and I was the Champion of my league. I have Harrison now and I don't think I'll be trading him for anybody because of one un-Marvin like game.
T-DIDDY
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shader » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:48 pm

As a huge Titan fan, I love Derrick Mason. But Harrison's stats are undeniable. However I posted a month or so back that I thought Harrison's stats could diminish a little bit this year. I think Harrison could fall out of the top 5. Moss, Owens, Holt, Chad Johnson and even Steve Smith could put up better numbers.

Manning will spread the ball around more as his receiving corps gets better. Dallas Clark is awesome, and Manning is developing a good relationship with Stokely as well. There just is no way Harrison will ever put up the numbers he put up in 2002 again. It won't happen.

I'd still love to have Harrison, but I don't think he'll be a top-three receiver this year. (BTW, I feel the same way about Priest. small drop this year, puts him out of top 3)
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:10 am

Shader wrote:However I posted a month or so back that I thought Harrison's stats could diminish a little bit this year.

Harrison's stats already began diminishing last year.

He finished with 1272yds and 10 TD's.
325 of those yards and 5 of those TD's came in back to back games in weeks 4 and 5.

That leaves 950yds and 5 TD's for the other FOURTEEN games.

Marvin is still gonna be a top 10 wideout for years and years to come, but I think his days as a top 3 wideout are over. His fantasy value is high because of his year to year consistency, but I don't think he'll break the top 3 again.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:20 pm

With Stokley, Wayne and Clark all emerging, it will be hard for Marv to break into the top 3. But, stranger things have happened.

Oh, and as for Derrick Mason. 3 for 55 no td. Yeah, I'll take Harrison over Mason. Thanks for proving my point for the first week of the season, King Titan.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Harrison's Opening night

Postby tsunami001 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:22 pm

King Titan wrote:So Marvin had 7 "carries" for 44 yards last night - man that's a good yards per carry -

Ohh wait a minute he's a wideout!! Yikes!

No Ty Law and still no numbers. Get physical with this guy and he melts. Go ahead Marvin and fall down after another catch!

Guys this player is going to a huge disapointment this year!

so since the 1st game is an indicator of the whole season for harrison..what about mason then? :-t
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk