Harrison's Opening night - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrison's Opening night

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Harrison's Opening night

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:26 pm

tsunami001 wrote:
King Titan wrote:So Marvin had 7 "carries" for 44 yards last night - man that's a good yards per carry -

Ohh wait a minute he's a wideout!! Yikes!

No Ty Law and still no numbers. Get physical with this guy and he melts. Go ahead Marvin and fall down after another catch!

Guys this player is going to a huge disapointment this year!

so since the 1st game is an indicator of the whole season for harrison..what about mason then? :-t
And McNair. Guess he isn't better then Manning.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:35 pm

At least this game should silence the foolish Mason fans that think he is better than Marvin. Mason is not bad, and will have a nice year when it's said and done. But he is not top 3. Marvin is.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:55 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:With Stokley, Wayne and Clark all emerging, it will be hard for Marv to break into the top 3. But, stranger things have happened.

Oh, and as for Derrick Mason. 3 for 55 no td. Yeah, I'll take Harrison over Mason. Thanks for proving my point for the first week of the season, King Titan.
You wear the paper bag very nicely DuranDuran :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Football Newbie » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:58 pm

Oh king titan, where are you? Common lets hear your rebuttal? Oh wait im sick of hearing you talk. Nevermind.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:10 pm

wow this is turning into a King Titan Disagreement post... ;-) Marvin will put up top 5 numbers but I think that the top 5 after randy is so even you can give me TO or Johnson and I'll be equally as happy...
Harrison bounces back, and once again puts up better numbers than Mason. Same goes for Peyton and McAir cough cough McLob cough cough... ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Navyseal » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:26 pm

I'd love to start Mason or Harrison next to CJ and C-Rog but I can't... so let's all just agree that they are both indispensable to their teams and to our fantasy teams, huh fellas ? Their perceived values is still, and should remain high until they either get hurt or it becomes obvious they have lost their skills; neither is the case...

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)
Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST --

DelHomme, Maddox
Deuce, Rudi J., Moe Will, Bell, Perry, Scobey
CJ, C-Rog, Plaxico, Wayne, McCants
Gates
Akers, Elam
NE D/ST
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby YunYaamka » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:50 am

Free Bagel wrote:
Shader wrote:However I posted a month or so back that I thought Harrison's stats could diminish a little bit this year.

Harrison's stats already began diminishing last year.

He finished with 1272yds and 10 TD's.
325 of those yards and 5 of those TD's came in back to back games in weeks 4 and 5.

That leaves 950yds and 5 TD's for the other FOURTEEN games.

Woah - Marvin Harrison only had 1272 yards? It's almost as if he had an off year. I hope he doesn't completely fall of the map like that Emmitt Smith guy who only rushed for 1,074 yards and 4 TDs in 1997 or Jerry Rice who only caught 84 passes for 1,201 yards and 10 TDs in 1992. Man it would suck if Marvin's career went like Rice's and Smith's did.

Uh oh, I just found some bad news for people with Chad Johnson. In weeks 12 and 13 he caught 16 balls for 224 yards and 4 TDs against Pittsburgh and San Diego. Take those games away and he only had 1111 yards and 6 TDs in the other FOURTEEN games. In those other 14 games he only averaged 79 yards a game, which is only 6 yards more than Harrison averaged in the THIRTEEN games where he didn't have 150+ yards receiving.
"Everybody has their sanctuary. Catholics have church, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have beer." - Peter Griffin
YunYaamka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:49 am

[/quote] You wear the paper bag very nicely DuranDuran :-D[/quote]

I wear my paper bag with pride...<sniff>

I love my Colts! <sniff>

Oh well. It's not the end of the world. After going through a 1-15 season in 1991, I can pretty much handle anything. :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk