Moderator: Football Moderators

jerry rice sucks?---poll

Postby g » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:21 pm

jerry rice sucks?
g

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 11, 2002 7:33 pm

what is this??? no... hes not what he used to be, but u could do worse. whatchu got against jerry?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sickpuppie » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:06 pm

What ??????????

Are you kidding me ???????

JRice is the man !!!!!!!!

:-#
sickpuppie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:59 pm

Jerry Rice is the greatest WR to ever play the game. Anyone who doubts his amazing ability is a fool. Rice will allways be remembered as the WR everyone wanted to be like.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

You cant take away what he's done....

Postby Homefront Security » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:14 pm

and what he still does might i add. Who else do you know has played in 3 different decades at the position? And still had something like 1100 yards and 8 TD's last year. The man is in his late 30's and still plays with the same enthusiasm and determination as a rookie. He's the greatest wideout ever....and even if he isn't all what he used to be he's still better than most wideouts in the leauge. He had a bad game last week. That was last week. It's gotta be tough to be only half of one of the best recieving corps of all time. Both Tim Brown and Jerry Rice are both headed to the Hall of Fame. Rich Gannon has gotta be having the time of his life over there in Oakland. How hard could your job as a quarterback be if you look left and see Jerry Rice, look right and you see Tim Brown. Anyway, dont EVER give up on Jerry Rice. As long as he's playing he'll be producing big.
Homefront Security

Friendliness: %

Rice

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:53 am

Rice is less of a threat each year to do his amazing stuff of taking a 5-yard dump pass and making it into an 80-yard touchdown, but he is definitely a man who accrues wisdom and displays cunning. He can outposition most corners in his sleep, and the main trick to catching the ball is getting into position. I guess he "sucks" now if you want to compare him to the top 4 WRs in the league, but he stacks up well against all of the rest of them in turns of production. When you consider that he was 11th in fantasy points among WRs last year, and less than 20 points behind Randy Moss and Jimmy Smith, it's pretty tough to say he "sucks". He's a starter in any fantasy league.

I agree with the previous poster that Rice will be a big contributor as long as he plays, and I have no doubt that when he feels he can't make a big contribution, he'll retire.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk