Will Tom Brady Perform those numbers consistently? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Tom Brady Perform those numbers consistently?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Tom Brady Perform those numbers consistently?

Postby FantasyBearsRookie » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:49 pm

I messed up and played barlow at my flex position instead of Brady. I drafted brady as my number 2 behind hasselback. However looking at last night I don't know what to do. Brady is great however i don't think he'll put up those high of numbers every week.
FantasyBearsRookie Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:52 pm

I have never played with a flex position where you can play a runningback or QB. I am guessing though that you would want to play a QB there most weeks since a typical QB scores more points then a typical RB in most scoring systems. Second or Third opinion would be good on this though.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:53 pm

This was one of his better games and he will not score this many points on average.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby darkrock76 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:58 pm

short answer no, but he will have plenty of quality starts. Indy's secondary is horrendous. However QB/RB you are going to want to look at the matchups and probably play Brady unless he's up against a great D.
darkrock76
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Postby benm3218 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:24 pm

Yes he will. New rules will help very accurate passers.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby muzz » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:34 pm

There isn't a QB in the league NOW, or EVER that puts up them numbers every week....

335x16=5360 yds = never been done, Most yds gained in a season is 5084- Dan Marino

16x3= 48 tds = been done ONCE, by Dan Marino

It will take a herculean effort for anyone to match those numbers, and he better have a great cast.

Brady will be solid, as he is every yr.
Don't blame us if your players stink the place up....You got our OPINION, your not paying any money for advice!!
If your new guy gets injured.. it happens, and not part of the equation beforehand.
Good Luck, and Thanks for being reasonable.
m
muzz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:58 pm

The fantasy knock on Brady has been his consistency. He'll put up top 10 numbers, but most of those come in chunks. He may well throw up 180 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs next week.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:18 pm

MadScott wrote:The fantasy knock on Brady has been his consistency. He'll put up top 10 numbers, but most of those come in chunks. He may well throw up 180 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs next week.

exactly. He is actually quite maddening to have as your starter because of this. He has great games - like last night - and he may have them for a few weeks at a time. He then has slumps that are inexplicable. Its a tough way to go in fantasy. I do think one day he will become more consistant - dont forget how young he still is.

He did look damn good and accurate last night though, didnt he?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MMH » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:50 pm

Play him at home, look for better options when he is on the road, simple as that really.

His receivers looked very dangerous last night
MMH
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:39 pm

MMH wrote:Play him at home, look for better options when he is on the road, simple as that really.

Funny you should say that.. last year was completely the opposite with him.. he'd have great games on the road and stink it out (fantasy-wise) at home as the Patriots played more conservative.. although it became a little less maddening when I noted there was almost a 100% correlation between him playing poorly at home and well on the road..

but yeah, last night looked totally different.. never all of last year did i see him play a game where he looked so crisp and in control with an aggressive passing game as he did last night.. maybe part of it was the colts d, but no matter that was a mighty good performance last night and bodes well for him.. he looks like the best fantasy player on the pats offence (incl. dillon)..

funny, i could've kept brady for a 4th round pick this year and didn't, and i was kicking myself this morning and kinda wishing i had him instead of mcnair, who i took at the end of the 2nd round.. hope mcnair works out for me, i drafted an mvp in the 2nd round last year (gannon) and it killed me.. :-?
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk