Will Tom Brady Perform those numbers consistently? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Tom Brady Perform those numbers consistently?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Osk » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:39 pm

you could start a qb or rb as flex??? that's ridiculous.. i'd go with a QB 95% of the time.. brady should get around 30 tds this year.. barlow what.. 14? you do the math..
Osk
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Reincry » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:00 pm

Ugh. I'm so sick of hearing this crap and the negatives about Brady. Most people HATE Brady because he doesn't have a "Go To Guy" and drives owners crazy who have WR's on the Patriots.

With that said, he has dangerous WR's (and TE's) that he can throw to. That makes him a leathal weapon in fantasy. Sucks for the receiver owners, but owners of this QB should be happy!

Another scary thought is that he did this without Troy Brown. He'll be another option to go to. That's the thing. Those receivers are going to be able to run their routes well, hard and fast. They'll get EXCELLENT reps in there. And the even better part, they don't have HUGE egos. All they want to do is play and win.

Add the OUTSTANDING offensive line into the mix, Brady's patience in the pocket (what brass balls he had in the end zone a couple of times last night...didn't phase him one bit) and you have a dangerous QB. Good god, did you see him manage that clock? He was driving the Colts defense NUTS!

Sure, his numbers won't be the same every week, but I bet they are going to be damn good.

Another thing to consider was how they ran the offense last night. Sure, Dillon owners are probably pissed about him riding the sidelines for most of the game, but did anyone think how HUGE that was for their offensive strategy? Get this, ZERO players in the backfield on most of their plays. Um, it's going to be a pass! A no-brainer for the defense! And guess what, he made the passes! He got the first downs! He got the TDs!! Then, when Dillon ran, he ran HARD and got the yardage! And still pulled out 80+ yards in that game. Wait until they start to balance things out. It's going to keep the D guessing.

Just my thoughts, and they only time he won't be starting this year (barring any injuries) will be week 3.
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby MadScott » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:15 pm

Reincry wrote:Ugh. I'm so sick of hearing this crap and the negatives about Brady. Most people HATE Brady because he doesn't have a "Go To Guy" and drives owners crazy who have WR's on the Patriots.

With that said, he has dangerous WR's (and TE's) that he can throw to. That makes him a leathal weapon in fantasy. Sucks for the receiver owners, but owners of this QB should be happy!

Another scary thought is that he did this without Troy Brown. He'll be another option to go to. That's the thing. Those receivers are going to be able to run their routes well, hard and fast. They'll get EXCELLENT reps in there. And the even better part, they don't have HUGE egos. All they want to do is play and win.

Add the OUTSTANDING offensive line into the mix, Brady's patience in the pocket (what brass balls he had in the end zone a couple of times last night...didn't phase him one bit) and you have a dangerous QB. Good god, did you see him manage that clock? He was driving the Colts defense NUTS!

Sure, his numbers won't be the same every week, but I bet they are going to be damn good.

Another thing to consider was how they ran the offense last night. Sure, Dillon owners are probably pissed about him riding the sidelines for most of the game, but did anyone think how HUGE that was for their offensive strategy? Get this, ZERO players in the backfield on most of their plays. Um, it's going to be a pass! A no-brainer for the defense! And guess what, he made the passes! He got the first downs! He got the TDs!! Then, when Dillon ran, he ran HARD and got the yardage! And still pulled out 80+ yards in that game. Wait until they start to balance things out. It's going to keep the D guessing.

Just my thoughts, and they only time he won't be starting this year (barring any injuries) will be week 3.
Dude, lighten up a little bit. Look at the numbers over Brady's career, very up and down to say the least. Who knows, maybe this is the year that he puts it all together and keeps it going consistently but even Manning is erratic with stats, it just happens that Brady has traditionally been a little more feast of famine.

I dig on the WR corps that they've got there. Alot of guys that are pretty much the same makes it damn hard to key on one guy. I think Patten could be a real nice deep sleeper for those that are in need of someone.

As for the "OUTSTANDING offensive line", man, that remains to be seen. They certainly didn't look all that outstanding last night. There seemed to be a lot of heat on Brady from a subpar pressure defense.

Don't get me wrong, I love Brady when it comes to the intangibles, the dude is just cool in the clutch. IMO, he's a better real life QB than a fantasy one is all.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:00 pm

Hes sort of like Joe Montana or John Elway. Absolutely money in clutch situations.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Reincry » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:13 pm

I know. I just have heard this kind of stuff for a while now and it just got to me.

True about the Colts defense, but there was pressure coming in and they kept him off of Brady. And they didn't give up. There was one perfect example of when one of the Colts Linebackers came storming in and Dillon took him out "WHAM!" and one of the Defensive lineman got by and was about to take Brady from behind and the O-Line guy just kept his course and took him out. Nice protection.

I fully agree with Brady being cool in the pocket. "The mother-f$*)@$ is so cool, when he goes to bed, sheep count him." ;)
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mig28 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:12 pm

MadScott wrote:The fantasy knock on Brady has been his consistency. He'll put up top 10 numbers, but most of those come in chunks. He may well throw up 180 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs next week.

Not likely...he's against Arizona next week.
"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi
mig28
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadScott » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:15 am

Reincry wrote:I know. I just have heard this kind of stuff for a while now and it just got to me.

True about the Colts defense, but there was pressure coming in and they kept him off of Brady. And they didn't give up. There was one perfect example of when one of the Colts Linebackers came storming in and Dillon took him out "WHAM!" and one of the Defensive lineman got by and was about to take Brady from behind and the O-Line guy just kept his course and took him out. Nice protection.

I fully agree with Brady being cool in the pocket. "The mother-f$*)@$ is so cool, when he goes to bed, sheep count him." ;)
I love the guy. He's one of the reasons that I like to see that team do well. No sweat man. I'm living with the "Barlow isn't that good" thing out here near SF.

I hear you too about next week Mig. I doubt he'll post that against Ariz.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kmac » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:13 pm

How many QB's put up the same numbers every week though?? Look at McNair this week.
kmac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk