Decent - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

Decent

Moderator: Football Moderators

Decent

Postby ColtsTD » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:09 pm

I thought the Colts looked decent, and promising. I mean, the mistakes make you cringe, and the defense makes you skeptical, but look at the facts.

We made 100 mistakes in that game, James fumbled twice, our defense couldnt stop him, and yet we lost on a last minute missed FG by Vanderjagt. Thats pretty good, considering we were playing the Patriots.

We HAD them, and we played TERRIBLY. That gives me confidence that we will fix the mistakes, and beat GB and TEN. :D
ColtsTD
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:34 am

I thought we played decent, too. I was very pleased to see Brandon Stokley get so involved. Dallas Clark's big catch was awesome and it was weird not seeing Pollard catch a pass. I've never been so excited to see the Colts offense with all of the weapons we have. I hope Reggie Wayne keeps getting better.

I too was impressed by Edge's runs, great cuts and good burst. Too bad he dropped the ball twice. That has to be remedied now, or Rhodes could be getting more red zone carries.

Manning looked decent, though the last play did bother me. I don't understand why we didn't run the ball on that play. Did Manning audible a running play to a passing play? If he did, I'm not happy about it.

I also wish people would lay off of Vanderjagt. Jeez, the guy makes over 40 straight. He missed one kick (and a tough one at that) and all the sudden he's horrible. I've got nothing but love for Vandy.

The defense wasn't horrible. Brady really made some great passes that really threaded the needle. Very impressive. The front line needs to apply more pressure and make quarterbacks force mistakes. Too bad we'll be without Doss for a few weeks. Hope Bob Sanders comes in soon!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ColtsTD » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:25 pm

Sanders will definately play next week. We have no one else that would play.

Do you know exactly how long Doss is out?

Oh, and Brady wasnt threading anything. Our DBs suck major ass. Period.
ColtsTD
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Indianapolis Colts