Deja Vu? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Deja Vu?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deja Vu?

Postby JrcWy » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:47 pm

I was just thinking earlier today, how strange it is to have Bill Parcells coaching a team again with Vinny Testeverde as the starter throwing to Keyshawn Johnson. I looked up the date where this arrangement hit its peak out of curiosity and found it was the 1998 season, 6 years ago. But we all know that history repeats itself and while it may not be noteworthy that the trio has realigned in Dallas, there are some other noteworthy coincidences to watch between 1998 and this season. Here are the few I found:

1998: Parcells, Vinny, and Keyshawn are together and starting.
2004: Parcells, Vinny, and Keyshawn are together and starting.

1998: Dennis Green drafts a rookie receiver in Moss who becomes an instant stud.
2004: Dennis Green drafts a rookie receiver in Fitz who he sees the same qualities in.

1998: A 1st overall pick by the name of Manning enters the league and turns some heads.
2004: A 1st overall pick by the name of Manning enters the league.

1998: San Diego drafts a new QB who they think can resurrect the offense. (Disaster)
2004: San Diego drafts a new QB who they think can resurrect the offense.

I’m sure there are plenty more but those were just off the top of my head. Nothing of real significance but you might get a little excited if you are a Fitz owner or a Bronco fan(won the superbowl that year).
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jacopo2155 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:48 pm

interesting tidbit, thanks
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby inferno19 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:55 pm

Oh my god San Diego's doomed!
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:48 pm

JrcWY, cool post. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Deja Vu?

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:54 pm

JrcWY wrote:I was just thinking earlier today, how strange it is to have Bill Parcells coaching a team again with Vinny Testeverde as the starter throwing to Keyshawn Johnson. I looked up the date where this arrangement hit its peak out of curiosity and found it was the 1998 season, 6 years ago. But we all know that history repeats itself and while it may not be noteworthy that the trio has realigned in Dallas, there are some other noteworthy coincidences to watch between 1998 and this season. Here are the few I found:

1998: Parcells, Vinny, and Keyshawn are together and starting.
2004: Parcells, Vinny, and Keyshawn are together and starting.

1998: Dennis Green drafts a rookie receiver in Moss who becomes an instant stud.
2004: Dennis Green drafts a rookie receiver in Fitz who he sees the same qualities in.

1998: A 1st overall pick by the name of Manning enters the league and turns some heads.
2004: A 1st overall pick by the name of Manning enters the league.

1998: San Diego drafts a new QB who they think can resurrect the offense. (Disaster)
2004: San Diego drafts a new QB who they think can resurrect the offense.

I’m sure there are plenty more but those were just off the top of my head. Nothing of real significance but you might get a little excited if you are a Fitz owner or a Bronco fan(won the superbowl that year).

Nice nuggets, However meshawn and vinny suk
fitz will run over a traffic a cop while huffing a blunt with 8 lbs in his trunk. :-°
San Diego was doomed any way :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk