Defense Strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defense Strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense Strategy

Postby kingmillerus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:56 pm

Is it wise to avoid starting a player against your own defense or vise versa?

For exmaple .... do I NOT start Dallas D because I am starting Randy Moss this week? OR, do I NOT start L. FitzGerald because I am starting St. Louis D this week?

Just curious about peoples' strategies when it comes to this kind of dilemma.

Thanks.
kingmillerus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:06 pm

Why would that matter? That has the same logic as debating benching Domanick Davis or LaDainian Tomlinson because the two play eachother in Week 1.

Start your best, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby kingmillerus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:12 pm

"Why would that matter? That has the same logic as debating benching Domanick Davis or LaDainian Tomlinson because the two play eachother in Week 1."

It's not same because one player's performance doesn't affect the other player's performance in your example.

If I start St. Louis D, expecting them to shut down the Cards, then maybe I shouldn't start L. Fitzgerald. Right? Otherwise, I will ultimately be rooting against one of my players.
kingmillerus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Melo255 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:20 pm

kingmillerus wrote:"Why would that matter? That has the same logic as debating benching Domanick Davis or LaDainian Tomlinson because the two play eachother in Week 1."

It's not same because one player's performance doesn't affect the other player's performance in your example.

If I start St. Louis D, expecting them to shut down the Cards, then maybe I shouldn't start L. Fitzgerald. Right? Otherwise, I will ultimately be rooting against one of my players.

You sound like primarily a fantasy baseball owner who is used to deciding tough matchups with one of your pitchers against one of your hitters am I right? Anyway it's not the same thing. As previous said just start your best available matchups.
Melo255
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kingmillerus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:55 pm

Melo255 wrote:
kingmillerus wrote:"Why would that matter? That has the same logic as debating benching Domanick Davis or LaDainian Tomlinson because the two play eachother in Week 1."

You sound like primarily a fantasy baseball owner who is used to deciding tough matchups with one of your pitchers against one of your hitters am I right? Anyway it's not the same thing. As previous said just start your best available matchups.

Acutally, no. I've never played fantasy baseball, but it does sound like the same scenario. I know that's it's best to start you best available matchups, but I was just curious to see if there were any other theories out there on this kind of sitaution.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
kingmillerus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk