Onterrio for 100 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio for 100

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:43 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I dropped Onterrio after I heard this.

Whatever Tice says, he does the Opposite. Last year he garunteed a 100 yd game for Onterrio and gave him 4 carries, that's a pretty damned good ypc average he would've had to have.

Unleeeeeessssssssssssssssssss this year Tice knows everyone thinks the opposite of what he does so instead of throwing off opposing teams by saying something and doing the opposite he decides to throw them off by saying something and doing exactly that knowing that they'll think he'll be doing the opposite.

Now excuse me, my head hurts.

i had to read that 3x. mind games is all it is
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:13 pm

Free Bagel wrote:I dropped Onterrio after I heard this.

Whatever Tice says, he does the Opposite. Last year he garunteed a 100 yd game for Onterrio and gave him 4 carries, that's a pretty damned good ypc average he would've had to have.

Unleeeeeessssssssssssssssssss this year Tice knows everyone thinks the opposite of what he does so instead of throwing off opposing teams by saying something and doing the opposite he decides to throw them off by saying something and doing exactly that knowing that they'll think he'll be doing the opposite.

Now excuse me, my head hurts.

Thats for sure last year I was hurting at RB and starter O. Smith that game.

Thanks for the loss Tice you **************

Only start O. Smith if your desperate!!!!!!!
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Chopper » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:08 pm

Boy, I thought Tice would make me wait until Week 3 or 4 to dig this up.....I'm a reformed Vikings RB user. Never again....except I did pick up Moe.....but I won't use him.....unless I get that urge.....

Chopper wrote:I remember it as at least 3 games in which Tice mislead everyone about his intentions for his RB's. This was one of the more glaring:
Posted on Thu, Dec. 18, 2003
VIKINGS REPORT: Vikings hope Bennett can play full game
BY BILL WILLIAMSON
Pioneer Press
After watching Michael Bennett maneuver in practice Wednesday, Vikings coach Mike Tice made it clear: "Michael will start Saturday."
What's not so clear is if Bennett, who missed last week's loss to Chicago with a right ankle injury, will be able to play the entire game against Kansas City. If Bennett hurts his ankle again, he'll be taken out of the game, Tice said. He was pulled from practice early Wednesday as a precaution.
"He is going to be able to go, but how long, I don't know," Tice said. "He's going to go until he can't go. … Hopefully that's four full quarters."

Here is the box from that game
Smith had 146 yards and 3 TD's. Bennet had 6 carries, but wasn't hurting.

And, (USAToday.com quote)
Oct. 3 Onterrio Smith appears likely to see even more action this week. Vikings coach Mike Tice predicted on his radio show yesterday that Smith would run for at least 100 yards on Sunday, according to the Star-Tribune. "He told me today in practice," Smith said. "He told me I was going to have to back him up."
Oct. 5 Onterrio Smith failed to live up to his coach's prediction of a 100-yard game, but only because he didn't get enough work. The rookie tailback carried 13 times for 63 yards and added 23 yards on two receptions. (Mo Williams and Doug Chapman carried 21 times combined)

How about the San Diego game, Nov 9: (From RotoTimes)

Nov. 8 The Vikings plan to give Michael Bennett about 12-15 carries tomorrow, according to the Pioneer Press.
Nov. 9 Coach Mike Tice said that he expects to give about 15 carries to Michael Bennett today, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
Nov. 14 The Vikings would like to get Michael Bennett a significant number of carries this Sunday. The plan all along was to gradually increase Bennett's workload, and he was slated for at least 15 carries last week. However, the Vikings fell behind early in that game and Bennett finished with just five carries.

There are probably others. I'm tired of reading Tice quotes.
“The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time.”
Vince Lombardi
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby gtabaplayr » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:23 pm

Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering!

What are you part of the Lord of the Rings Squad
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Onterrio for 100

Postby Scrooge McDuck » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:40 am

Go Vikes wrote:I heard Mike tice said he will rush for 100 yds? anyone know if this is true?

Mike Tice is going to rush for 100 yards? Time to pick him up in all of my leagues. ;-)
Scrooge McDuck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:49 am

Haha..week 1 drama on the Vikes RBs...imagine that.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:51 am

Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering!

What are you part of the Lord of the Rings Squad

Actually it's star wars ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk