Lee Suggs vs. Tatum Bell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lee Suggs vs. Tatum Bell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lee Suggs vs. Tatum Bell

Postby shortsavage » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:10 pm

Who is the better season-long running back option, Lee Suggs or Tatum Bell?

This one is a no brainer, right?

Thank you Tiki!
shortsavage Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby P. Griffin » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:14 pm

If you're asking who has a better chance to be the feature back for their team, I think Suggs.
P. Griffin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fern » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:18 pm

Yep, Suggs should have alot more opportunities. Even though he's missing Week 1, and Green will get a chance, it's against the Ravens so I wouldn't be playing him anyways.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Favre.com » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:25 pm

Suggs (as far as I remmember) IS the starter, Bell is a backup until further notice.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:29 pm

Suggs. Griffin will rule Denver this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby crystalsgold1 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:19 am

Bell will rule in Denver,if he didn't miss any of the preseason with the broken finger,He would have been the starting RB in Denver........Bell's an overall better back than Griffin,he just needs to get rid of the rust and up to gamespeed,starter by around week 5....Shanny knows talent,and if Griffin was anything good,he wouldn't have drafted Bell so early in this years draft.
Suggs is the starter,but good chance Green ends up with alot of touches,I wouldn't want either as my 2nd RB.
When Bell takes the job from the undersized Q-tip,He'll be the best RB out of Suggs and Q-tip. ;-D just not the 1st 5 weeks.
I would love to see the looks on Griffin owners,when Bell becomes the starter.....T. Bell BIGGER ,STRONGER, FASTER= better fit for Shanny's offense ;-D
crystalsgold1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Tyr » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:30 am

...where do people get this nonsense about Bell starting?

Griffin has been slated to be the starter since the Portis trade went through. He's amazingly fast and agile, and for as small as he is, he can take some pretty massive hits.

I'd love to see all of the Bell owner's faces that overpaid for him thinking he'd leech the starting job from Qtip, when he gets well under sixty total touches this year.

I guess it's nice to see that someone is playing real fantasy football, though.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:23 am

crystalsgold1 wrote:Bell will rule in Denver,if he didn't miss any of the preseason with the broken finger,He would have been the starting RB in Denver........Bell's an overall better back than Griffin,he just needs to get rid of the rust and up to gamespeed,starter by around week 5....Shanny knows talent,and if Griffin was anything good,he wouldn't have drafted Bell so early in this years draft.
Suggs is the starter,but good chance Green ends up with alot of touches,I wouldn't want either as my 2nd RB.
When Bell takes the job from the undersized Q-tip,He'll be the best RB out of Suggs and Q-tip. ;-D just not the 1st 5 weeks.
I would love to see the looks on Griffin owners,when Bell becomes the starter.....T. Bell BIGGER ,STRONGER, FASTER= better fit for Shanny's offense ;-D
Thats cute. Griffin is going to get goalline carries too, and will also get a majority of the carries while Bell sits on the bench. He'll spell him for 3-4 carries a game. About the injury, thats wrong because Griffin was the starter since the Portis trade and Bell couldn't hold onto the ball, and he held out so he was in the doghouse. Griffin is going to put up like 1500 and 13-15 TDs barring injury.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Favre.com » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:36 am

I doubt I'd go as far as 1500/10 but I can't see Bell taking over (unless my previously stated turf stat comes out to be true) quick, if at all this year. Griffin has better hands to catch, he has tremendous speed, Shanny has always liked him, and he actually showed what he has during the preseason while Bell was injured and in his only game averaged around (I believe) 2.4 ypc.

I really like Bell, but I think the scenario plays out like this (as it always has with Denver): Griffin rushes for 1400 yards, gets traded, Bell rushes for 1400 yards next year. Plain and simple. :-)
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:27 am

Griffin is this year's Portis. And Bell is next year's Griffin.

Take Suggs, he is likely starting this year and he has shown signs of great promise before. Whether he will be a great option remians to be seen, but if Green doesn't show he is worth Cleveland's time then Suggs may be able to solidify his position.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk