J. Jones injury report? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

J. Jones injury report?

Moderator: Football Moderators

J. Jones injury report?

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:27 pm

Did anyone else see that they have him listed as questionable with the reason of "Teeth". Never saw that before.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:57 pm

Boy, that sounds like a Parcell's line to me. Parcell's is really trying to get to this guy's head. He was a bit of a headcase in college so it doesn't surprise me much. Funny, though. :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:23 am

I had read that they listed him as probable with sore ribs and they had him as the 3rd stringer on the new depth chart. I hand't heard abou the teeth. That's a good one. I'm staying away from starting J.J. this week.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:26 am

According to DallasCowboys.com staff writers Sarah Piland and Erin Bolen, head coach Bill Parcells continues to say he isn't sure about whether rookie running back Julius Jones will play Sunday in the team's regular season opener against the Vikings in Minnesota.
But ask Jones. He seems sure.

"I've been practicing all week, and I'm ready to go," Jones said Friday after the team's final full practice before the game. "I'm out there practicing everyday, and as far as I know, I'm [playing]. I don't really know anything, so you might want to talk to [Parcells] about that, but as far as I know, I'm practicing and I'm playing. I'm ready to get out there and play my first game."

Jones suffered what has been described a rib injury when he fell on a ball during the Cowboys' third preseason game against the Titans, and was held out of the team's final preseason game against Kansas City to presumably allow the injury healing time.

But Jones wasn't placed on the team's injury list until Thursday, where he remained on the final injury report Friday. He is listed as having a chest injury and probable for the game.

Although Parcells has been saying he's not sure of Jones' condition, he did not hold a press conference on Friday and in turn could not clear up why it seems Jones has no idea of the possibility he may not play on Sunday.

ESPN insider John Clayton reported Friday afternoon that Jones will need a pain-killing injection in order to play -- something Jerry Jones confirmed on a Dallas-area radio show today.
The owner told listeners that Jones has shown a lot of toughness through this injury, but also said it's bad enough that he'll have to "shoot it up" a little bit if he is to play.

Piland and Bolen went on to suggest that because it appears the team's decision-makers "are, at the least, a little worried about Jones' status, it's relevant the team will only dress 46 active players at Minnesota."

Parcells said this likely will be a Dreaded Game-Time Decision, but if he makes it sooner, there is a possibility Julius Jones does not make the trip to the game. They summed up by advising readers: "Parcells may have been iffy about the issue all week, but again, if you ask Julius, he says he'll be there."

Sounds like he'll get limited touches/RBBC to me.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk