New Kevin Jones article - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Kevin Jones article

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Kevin Jones article

Postby Budman_ffc » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:23 am

MARIUCCI OFFERS ADDITIONAL INSIGHT INTO BACKFIELD ROTATION...
.Written By Senior NFL Analyst Bob Harris | Posted Friday September 10, 2004 @ 21:20 PT

Following up on a previous update. ... According to Detroit News beat man Mike O'Hara, even "if tailback Kevin Jones doesn't start (this Sunday) -- and it seems likely he will -- he'll get enough playing time so it won't matter."
O'Hara went on to remind readers that Jones' superior speed gives him an advantage over second-year man Artose Pinner, but the two have divided time at tailback in the base formation.

Shawn Bryson, who led the team in rushing and receptions last year, will get most of his playing time in passing situations.

"I guess you could say all three of those youngsters are starting," head coach Steve Mariucci said Thursday. "For all intents and purposes, Kevin is going to be in there right away."

Added O'Hara, "Mariucci clearly has an affection for the Jones-Pinner duo." He calls them "Rock ‘em and Sock ‘em." Who starts will depend on how the first 15 plays are scripted for Chicago, and that hasn't been done yet.

"It's not going to matter," Mariucci said. "Those two guys -- Rock ‘em and Sock ‘em -- are going to be alternating in there.

"Those two guys will play in the first drive. We'll mix and match -- hot hand, who's playing well, what kind of plays we're running. They're both going to be busy guys."

At least early on. I'm still convinced that Jones is by far the superior talent and once he convinces the staff he's capable of handling pass protection, Pinner is going to have a hard time keeping the newcomer off the field.

Looks like typical RBBC from the Mooch Man...this sucks for those who have KJ.....glad I don't!
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:51 am

Rock ‘em and Sock ‘em :-D

Here's to hoping K.J. plays well enough to win the job outright. ;-D
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:38 am

I imagine between Week 5 and Week 8 Kevin Jones will be taking the lion's share of carries (no pun intended).
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:53 am

Yeah, I'll still take my chances with KJ. The RBBC will go right out the window once he is 100%. Too much talent to keep off the field.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk