Player You Wanted, But Never Had The Chance To Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Player You Wanted, But Never Had The Chance To Draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

Player You Wanted, But Never Had The Chance To Draft

Postby cunny » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:39 am

In all three of my leagues, I had Andre Johnson pegged as mine. In all three drafts, people were willing to jump up to 3rd or 4th round to take him. Man, I really wish I had gotten him, but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Who's the guy you had targeted, but just didn't fall far enough for you to get. Do you second guess not taking him earlier?
cunny
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:41 am

Plaxico Buress, although I had the chance to draft him, Boo Williams was the only good TE left (and I feel he's a huge sleeper) and I just couldn't risk losing him to get Plaxico, although now I somewhat regret that move because my depth at WR is a little thin, even though my starters are solid (Chad Johnson and Joe Horn)
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Original_Geek » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:00 pm

I was really hoping to get Torry Holt or Randy Moss but they both went late in the first round in both my leagues. So I ended up with running backs instead of receivers - which ought to work out OK for me when people realize that their early WR picks didn't help them as much as starting a RB should - and I'll be trading my bench for hot receivers. I mean, hot as in point-scoring-studs - not hot as in "I wanna sleep with them hot." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

;-)

OG
OG - Original Geek
Word to your motherboard
Dallas Cowboys Fan Extraordinaire
May all your players get to play Oakland.
Original_Geek Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Andy1234 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:06 pm

LT2 and Moss were 2 I would have wanted on at least 1 of my teams, never had the draft position to get one of them. My best chance was a #2 pick, but LT2 went Number 1, so this is the first time I've ever had Holmes on a fantasy team.
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:03 pm

My league rewards QB's and D's more than most, and I had late picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds (12 team league, keep as many guys as you want but 3 rounds before draft-round year before), so I was hoping to scoop Trent Green and the Baltimore D with those picks, which was well before every analysis I read said to go with them, so I figured those would safely be there.

Trent Green went on the 16th pick!!! 8-o (and Culpepper went #6 (!) to another team, with McAllister and Edge still on the board; that team will suck). That was shocking. And Baltimore went with the 3rd pick of the 4th round, so I was out of luck there too. The good news was that in the mad dash to get QBs, Ds, and RBs, Koren Robinson fell like a stone to me at the end of the 4th round to be my 3rd WR, so I have depth at that position, and I still ended up with Steve McNair and Dallas at my QB and D positions, so I'm assuming I ended up OK.. ;-D
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tomkatt » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:04 pm

I wanted Chris Brown, and didn't get him in either draft. In one of them a guy selected him with the pick right in front of me. :-P

Can't bitch too much though, my starters are E. James/M. Faulk and L. Tomlinson/J. Lewis. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:13 pm

Pennington. Had him as a 5th or 6th round selection and came as close as the pick before me getting him. I usually always draft a QB late but got royally screwed for waiting so long this year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Great Gambini » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:53 pm

bungle613 wrote:Pennington. Had him as a 5th or 6th round selection and came as close as the pick before me getting him. I usually always draft a QB late but got royally screwed for waiting so long this year.

Same here. My league jumped on QBs real early, and another run started (on backups!) right before I was set to take my starter, Favre. I ended up with Carr and Palmer...yikes.
I really wanted Charles Rogers, but he was taken in round 4.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:03 pm

Koren Ronbinson and J.McCereins (sp?).

I couldn't believe how high some people took McCereins in 2 of my leagues. I also wanted him in my dynasty league and he went in like the 4th! I mean, c'mon! Hes a #2! :-b
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:13 pm

Your choice of the top 6 RBs. I never drafted better than 7th in any of my leagues this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk