Way to go Coach... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Way to go Coach...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby chinch sacs » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:24 pm

MeShawn wrote:Well, what do ya know, Feeley goes out there and throws a pick. :-P

Hey, I didnt say he was going to be frickin Elway :-D
Fantasy sports are dominated by the 50-50-90 rule.
any time you have a 50/50 choice on something,
90% of the time you'll get it wrong.
chinch sacs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:24 pm

Fiedler: "At least when I throw them they don't go back to the house"
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:25 pm

Azrael wrote:Fiedler: "At least when I throw them they don't go back to the house"

lol. I guess Fiedler has a case :*)
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:43 pm

rohbshop wrote:honestly, Miami HAS to have one of the worst GM's in football. Not sure if Wannstadt makes all the moves, but whoever it is should be fired immediately.

They signed D. Boston to a huge contract, who has had a history of injury problems and attitude problems. He gets hurt and out for the season. Not many teams wanted to touch him.

They've always had a QB problem or the lack of a good one, and then they trade for another WR.

So they have 2 good WR's and no QB. How the hell do they expect to get their WR's the ball? Who builds a team around WR's without a decent QB?

Miami sucks because theyre stupid. Not just because of Ricky.

Completely wrong. The GM has actually done a pretty good job since taking over after the end of last year. David Boston is NOT signed to a huge contract, it's actually a very very cap friendly contract. Trading for Boston was a great move, low risk high reward. They got the low risk part of it. You have no clue.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:58 pm

VaderFin wrote:
rohbshop wrote:honestly, Miami HAS to have one of the worst GM's in football. Not sure if Wannstadt makes all the moves, but whoever it is should be fired immediately.

They signed D. Boston to a huge contract, who has had a history of injury problems and attitude problems. He gets hurt and out for the season. Not many teams wanted to touch him.

They've always had a QB problem or the lack of a good one, and then they trade for another WR.

So they have 2 good WR's and no QB. How the hell do they expect to get their WR's the ball? Who builds a team around WR's without a decent QB?

Completely wrong. The GM has actually done a pretty good job since taking over after the end of last year. David Boston is NOT signed to a huge contract, it's actually a very very cap friendly contract. Trading for Boston was a great move, low risk high reward. They got the low risk part of it. You have no clue.

I completely agree, Boston's contract is rather decent in terms of cap because he agrees to take the paycuts after leaving Arizona, because of the injuries. Hes IMO one of the most talented recievers in the league, hes just always hurt, or has a bad QB throwing to him, low risk, high rewards is right. ;-D
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Flockers » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:02 pm

Azrael wrote:4 FF teams, 0 guys from Miami ;-D

You're one of the lucky few. :-[
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CC » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:18 pm

I doubt that, who wants a Miami player on their team.

I have Lamar Gordon on one team.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:57 pm

I too have Lamar on one team of my 3.

I needed a 4th RB in case Jackson isn't starting or getting much action by the time my bye weeks come along.

I drafted A train thinking he would get traded. I dropped him for Emmitt once Shipp got hurt. Then I dropped Emmitt for Gordon. Hopefully somewhere along the line this made my team better.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:38 pm

VaderFin wrote:

Adjust your paper bag yo, that came out a little muffled.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby JrcWy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:57 pm

MeShawn wrote:
Azrael wrote:Fiedler: "At least when I throw them they don't go back to the house"

lol. I guess Fiedler has a case :*)

I specifically remember Bruschi taking one back for a TD last year. Who threw it you ask? I can tell you it wasn't Brian Greise.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk