Two issues of mine. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Two issues of mine.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two issues of mine.

Postby Favre.com » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:31 pm

1. How much better is david carr then Kyle Boller in dynasty?

2. How do you predict Ferguson will fare this year, and for years to come?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:42 pm

well favre, i will take a shot at this one.

1) i think carr is lightyears ahead of boller now. he has a great wideout in johnson and running game in davis. i know the argument could be said that boller has lewis. the difference is lewis will get a ton of carries, and davis wont have as many. Carr also has depth at WR. Gaffney is decent too. I think Carr will be more productive this year and in years to come.

2) Fergie is a crapshoot. Is he the #1 option this week, or the #3. I think the future in GB is Fergie and Walker. But that said, it will be frustrating with him. Some weeks he will have great numbers, others not so much. Will be very inconsistent.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bungle613 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:51 pm

1) I have posted many times that I believe Carr to be the elite QB of the future. My only issue with him is his injury factor. IHE has the arm, size and intelligence to be the dominant qb of the future. He also has a team that, although young, is moving in a positive direction. He has the chance to grow with his team instead of taking over a team. Boller is also very good I just think that Baltimore is on the way down, they will be picked of any free agent D again this year and continue to do little to improve the offense.

2) This year... I'd pass on Fergie. I think Driver will have a resurgence and be the #2 behind Walker. Favre passes everywhere though but never enough to a single player other than the #1 to warrant Fergusons ability to move him up in the depth chart. It will have to be Walker and Driver NOT performing rather than Fergie performing.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:26 pm

(1) The Ravens seem to just want a "caretaker" QB; someone who will be effecient and not lose the game, a la Dilfer in their Superbowl year. They seem to keep Boller on a short leash, and I think it slows his development. Carr on the other hand was thrown in the fire, is given the chance to sink or swim, and will develope faster because of it. I like Carr to become a pretty decent QB, while Boller will be slower to develop.

(2) As far as Ferg, the receiver situation in GB is confounded more than ever if Driver is healthy. Favre will go to whoever is open, and it will change weekly. Ferg will have a few good games, but will not put up consistent numbers week to week.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk