The post to which those who saw TEN @ MIA should respond... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The post to which those who saw TEN @ MIA should respond...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:20 pm

McNair looked good throwing the ball, the whole 14 times he did. If the Titans had actually thrown the ball more, the score could have been 31 to 7.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:28 pm

"McNair looked good throwing the ball, the whole 14 times he did."

Yes McNair has more ability to do much better, but if you crunch the numbers he still went away with a 101% QB rating right ? Just something to consider :D
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jumpman8828 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:37 am

Mikey wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:
xbird wrote:Gordon is scary good, clearly the best
RB the Phins have.

His YPC weren't too good though.

I didn't watch the game nor am I a Gordon apologist, but TEN was amongst the better teams against the run last year (for example, my memory might be faulty on this, but didn't they hold Deuce McAllister to something like 8 yards on 5 carries last season?).

Tennesse was number 1 against the run if memory serves me.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Shader » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:01 am

Let's break this game down shall we?

Jay Fiedler sucks and lost his starting job. Feeley will be the starter from now on.

Booker and Chambers never had a chance to get going. Feeley locked onto McMichael and Tennessee was giving up the middle once they got the lead, so Feeley never really looked elsewhere.

Gordon looked ok, but it's hard to judge a running back against the Titans defense.

As for the Titans..Miami has a GREAT secondary. The Titans just played smashmouth since they didn't have Calico and took it to the Dolphins. Brown looks very, very good. If he can avoid the injury bug, he will be a top-ten back.

But here's the deal on the Titans offense:

Jeff Fisher loves to rush, rush, rush the ball. If he could get away with it, yesterday's game would be how he would play every game. But that won't win in today's NFL week after week. Next week's game against the Colts will be very interesting. I think the Titans are one of the few teams in the NFL who can throw two COMPLETELY different offensive looks at the defense. They can pound the ball all game long, or they can open it up and throw for 350 yards.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:15 am

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:d00d i hope McNair passes more next game! ;-) I hear he passed like 5 times in the second half...due to the fischer controllage? I don't like anyone on the phins this year t make an impact...but the titans could be a decent weeklystarting core for your team...and no us folks in the ghetto of canada don't get satellite, at least not american...they took away our priveleges when peeps all were stealing waves...not me though }:-)

I read on Rotoworld that McNair only thew 2 passes in the second half. I have Mason on my squad so I was a bit dissapointed and worried until I found out that he had 70% of all the passing yards.

McMichael seemed to get into a lock with Feely. It should also be noted that at this time I would have suspected that Tenn was playing the game not to lose. McNair only passed the ball twice and they were running constantly. Therefor I suspect their defense was playing a little softer under neath so as to not let a big play develop. However, considering Miami's offense this might be the case every week huh? Down in the 4th and passing underneath because your too afraid to go deep and lose your job if it gets picked off.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Budman_ffc » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:25 am

Gordon - He looked very good to me considering that...

1. He's only been with the team a couple of days
2. He only played half a game
3. TN run D is awesome
4. Half the field was dirt (I hate combo Baseball/Football fields) and slipped on it several times trying to cut to a hole.

He will do fine as a #3 RB I think and will see lots of time next week with both Morris and Minor hurt

Fiedler vs Feely - There are two real issues here. The Fins O-line is absolutely atrocious.....Peyton would look bad behind them. Feely looked a lot better under pressure and Wanny has named him the starter for next week.

Brown runs hard and I think he likes to hit instead of juke a would be tackler. He has good power, but not great speed. He was running at an angle away from his pursuers on his big run and they still caught him. Looks like Eddie when he was young.
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:36 am

Budman wrote:Gordon - He looked very good to me considering that...

So what you're saying is that Gordon showed flashes of brilliance?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Shader » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:44 am

I certainly didn't see flashes of brilliance from Gordon. He had one decent run, but I didn't see much more than that.

But then Travis Minor caught a screen pass for a nice gain, as well.

Unless you are in a deep league, Randy McMichael is the only offensive player for the Dolphins that I'd feel comfortable starting on my team right now.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:48 am

Yeah, but get it? Gordon: Flashes of brilliance? Gordon? Flashes? Gordon?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk