Griffin Overrated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Griffin Overrated

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tavish » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:49 am

For a little dose of reality, that was the KC defense he ran against tonight. If KC had opened against MIA, we would most likely be talking about Travis Minor going 1400 - 10 TDs this year instead.

Griffin will be good, but not this good.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Griffin Overrated

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:14 am

pibb55 wrote:Does anyone else think Griffin is far too overrated. Most people are expecting 1200+ yards from him and just because he's in Denver they assume he'll get 1400+, I think he'll bust big time and people getting him as their 3rd RB are gonna be mad.

This is sort of a prediction, but the prediction forum is closed so I brought it in here.

Im gonna say <1000 yards <6 TD

Ahem, the rest of my team is Penny, Taylor, C. Brown, B. Westbrook, Horn and An Johnson. Can you please make some bold predictions about them sucking too?

~Dude~

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby rohbshop » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:41 pm

actually the KC defense was supposed to be better this year, and who knows how much of last nite was Denvers Oline + Griffin making KC defense look bad. I know the Denver players were talking about Shanahan having a great gameplan, and Vermeil said Denver did alot of things they never saw before. I do know every back that Denvers had ever since i can remember have consistently been the top RB's in fantasy football. Last nite pretty much reinforced that fact.

I hope you doubters keep doubting and losing in your leagues ;-D
rohbshop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PackAttack » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 pm

I think that Q-Tipp is a good back. KC has an average Def. IHave him at my second WR/RB pos. and he and Plummer took from losing 58-107 to leading 108-107. So far I like him.
When did the "Holy Crap, I totally forgot Mike Sherman is a terrible coach!" light bulb start flickering over your head? For me, it was the second quarter of the MNF game. - Bill Simmons
PackAttack
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:43 pm

Tavish wrote:For a little dose of reality, that was the KC defense he ran against tonight. If KC had opened against MIA, we would most likely be talking about Travis Minor going 1400 - 10 TDs this year instead.

Griffin wont get this every game, but I can forsee 1400 yards and 13-16 TDs.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jumpman8828 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:07 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Tavish wrote:For a little dose of reality, that was the KC defense he ran against tonight. If KC had opened against MIA, we would most likely be talking about Travis Minor going 1400 - 10 TDs this year instead.

Griffin wont get this every game, but I can forsee 1400 yards and 13-16 TDs.

Exactly. I don't think anyone's gonna be expecting 150 ypg and 3 TDs, but around 100 and a score probably isn't a lot to ask from him.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tavish » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:26 am

PackAttack wrote:I think that Q-Tipp is a good back. KC has an average Def. IHave him at my second WR/RB pos. and he and Plummer took from losing 58-107 to leading 108-107. So far I like him.

That is being very generous to KC's defense. Sure they got Gunther to come in this year, but they are still near (if not at) the bottom of the pack. I'll be interested to see if Griffin, Bell, or even Hearst gets the goal line carries as that should affect Griffins value quite a bit.
---..---
Tavish
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:38 am

Tavish wrote:
PackAttack wrote:I think that Q-Tipp is a good back. KC has an average Def. IHave him at my second WR/RB pos. and he and Plummer took from losing 58-107 to leading 108-107. So far I like him.

That is being very generous to KC's defense. Sure they got Gunther to come in this year, but they are still near (if not at) the bottom of the pack. I'll be interested to see if Griffin, Bell, or even Hearst gets the goal line carries as that should affect Griffins value quite a bit.

I agree. KC was THE worst team in defending the run at least in the ypc category. I think it was 5.2 last year. That is a first down every two rushes... horrible.

Now, we also know that the Denver running game is exceptional. The rb's may not be exceptional but their game sure as hell is. Pretty easy to run through a 5 yard hole. Griffin is not overrated as a FF back since he is in Denver. Put him in Miami and he may be on the level of Travis Minor.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting