Madden 2005 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Madden 2005

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden 2005

Postby SkinSFan22 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:41 am

Any of you guys have strategy for Madden 2005?
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slingblade » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:59 am

wrong forum...put this in the video game forum
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deftdelivery » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:56 am

Ummm need some more specific questions on what kinda strategy you need...there is no golden path to greatness in Madden...you can't just name a "general" strategy.

For me, on offense, you should strive to reach a balance between your runs and passes. Even if your running game isn't going, you have to keep running it to keep the D honest. The easiest way to win in Madden is forcing the other team to play 1 dimensional. You need to keep your offense on the field as long as possible, running the clock and mixing it up.

On D, you should mix it up early and often to throw off the O. Try many different things, such as tight-man-to-man-blitzing, loose cover 2 zones, zone blitzes, 4-3, 3-4, etc etc. Find something that works well, then stick to it.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SkinSFan22 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:01 pm

Ok, um im in a madden 2005 on the cube :-t (because I have ps2) and I am the SEAHAWKS. So I was wondering if any of you guys had a strategy that I could use...
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AF » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:22 am

Score more points then the other team....

What kind of help are you looking for bud? You want to know how to move the ball on offence or stop the run or what? Like said before there is no simple answer like run 4 WR spread play X and pass to the right WR for the TD.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:50 am

I played with the Seahawks last night, and found their D to be INCREDIBLY overrated. Their offense was nice - SA and the passing game is beautiful. But man, their D line sucked, secondary got BURNED, and it all left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe the guy I played was just too good (55-22 record)...but my D did absolutely nothing to get pressure on him, disrupt a pass, or stop the run. Twas a nasty game.

Now, your best shot will be to pound the ball on the ground with SA, wearing down the clock. Then utilize some PA's to get the ball to Koren and Djax. Hopefully you'll have more success with your D than I did.

deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:51 am

I played with the Seahawks last night, and found their D to be INCREDIBLY overrated. Their offense was nice - SA and the passing game is beautiful. But man, their D line sucked, secondary got BURNED, and it all left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Maybe the guy I played was just too good (55-22 record)...but my D did absolutely nothing to get pressure on him, disrupt a pass, or stop the run. Twas a nasty game.

Now, your best shot will be to pound the ball on the ground with SA, wearing down the clock. Then utilize some PA's to get the ball to Koren and Djax. Hopefully you'll have more success with your D than I did.

deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deftdelivery » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:52 am

deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games