Who to start at WR..after the events of the last couple days - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who to start at WR..after the events of the last couple days

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to start at WR..after the events of the last couple days

Postby Homefront Security » Wed Sep 11, 2002 8:55 pm

Ray Buchannon, if you haven't heard, has been suspended by the NFL for violating it's substance abuse policy. He is arguably one of the best corners in the leauge and the one shining star on the Atlanta Falcons defense. Now with his absence, Chicago Bears wideout Marty Booker (the guy Buchannon was scheduled to line up across from sunday) should theoretically get more yards recieving. I also have Terry Glenn, who plays against the Saints who defensively are in a rebuilding stage. Say what you want about Glenn, but his committment to Green Bay and thier football organization has been remarkable. And if Ahman Green cant get things going against a stubborn Saints run defense, Green Bay will get real pass-happy in no time. Brett Favre could make Glenn and the rest of the packers wideouts all look like pro-bowlers. So here's the dilemma. Booker had a carrer night last week and looks to do it again this week against a severly hindered Falcons secondary and Glenn had a descent game last week but could have HUGE this week if the Saints front 7 makes running as hard for Ahman Green as they did for Michael Pittman. Whaddya think guys? Booker or Glenn?
Homefront Security

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Questi4111 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:42 pm

I would go with booker over glenn. Booker is against an easier defense and will get the pass more often than glenn. I think NO defense is kind of underrated + Favre has like 5 receievers (who in his mind are pretty good since they averaged nice last week) so his main target will still be glenn but not by a long shot.
See what other people say.
Good Luck
Questi4111

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:19 pm

Go with Booker. Both the bears and packers have a deep reciver corp, but A-Train shouldn't get as many carries as Ahman. Close call though.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:23 pm

Booker; but then, I'm biased against all things Fudge.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homefront Security » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:50 pm

What do you mean, "against all things Fudge"??
Homefront Security

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:18 pm

I am a Bear fan.
Terry Glenn is a Packer.
I am against the Packers.
Fudge is just a derogatory term for describing the Packers, as in 'Fudge Packers'.
Get it?
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk