Quentin Griffin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Quentin Griffin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Padre » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:15 pm

Good move. I started to switch him from a starter to starting Fred Taylor (against the Bills) but lucky me...time ran out, and the games were about to start. My other starter was Shaun Alexander.

I tried to draft him in another league I'm in, but someone else grabbed him.
Padre
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:32 pm

Forgive me oh fantasy gurus for what I am about to say. :-o

I'm really, really starting to think that matchups can seriously dictate the success of your team. The "always start your studs" theory is no good when you are fairly certain that they will get stuffed or if you have a better matchup. In a scenario like Denver (awesome running attack) against KC (horrible, horrible running defense), you really have to weigh your options because the chance is there for a huge, huge game. If you are willing to take the risk, you may get rewarded.

Another scenario is when your good WR's are going up against those "shutdown" guys like Bailey, Charles Woodson, or McCallister. Do you really want to have a game where your top guy busts when a lower guy is playing a terrible pass D like Houston, Arizona, or Atlanta?

Now, I'm not saying bench Portis, Deuce, Holmes, LT, or Moss, Holt, or Harrison every time (or at all) because of matchups, but when a major opportunity presents itself against a tough opponent, you may want to take the chance with a better matchup and hope that the gamble pays off. Hey, if you're going to lose anyway, you might as well try to pull something out!
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:26 am

awwchrist wrote:I'm officially in love with him.

I'm also officially in love with myself for starting him.

There's lots of love in this room.

I'm feeling the love. I'm positively glowing! :-b
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby wannabthechamp » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:20 am

Favre.com wrote:2 things I am very happy with:

I asked if I was crazy (In the who to start/bench forum) because I decided to start Griffin over McAllister the last minute and people were all burning me for not starting McAllister, shows you to go with your gut feeling.

2: I have both griffin AND Holmes in a random 18 man (non serious) league. Too bad I didn't have money riding on this week. :-b

I have Holmes and Griffin as well on my team, they completely saved me, going into last night's game I was down 37 points, and then they combine for 64. ;-D ;-D ;-D
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:27 am

Well, in one league, I decided to start Griffin over Edge... Wow, that one worked out, nicely...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:33 am

i have Griffin 3 of my 4 leagues. He better not get hurt :-o
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Griffin really sold me last night. His size is actually a benefit to his running. It's damn hard to see him through all of those behemoths. Denver looked awfully good last night.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting