Results & Standings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Lucky Ladders

Results & Standings

Moderator: Football Lucky Ladders Mods

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:13 am

MadScott wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Note how TWO of my SF fan brothers pulled big ladders this week - MadScott and waterboy...serious nads men (or possibly misguided mouse clicking :-b)! ;-D ;-D
;-D I said the same thing to Lush in another thread, the sun shines on a dog's bung every so often. Oh well, we'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Mad Scott, are you sure you aren't making your selections backwards?

I mean, I can't help but notice that in week 1 your "sure thing" (pick #1) was "St. Louis loses to San Francisco" and your "long shot" (pick #16) was "Tennessee loses to Pittsburgh."

Then, on week 2, you have your "sure thing" (pick #1) as "New England loses to Carolina" and your "long shot" (pick #16) is "Jacksonville loses to Indy" which is preceded by "San Francisco loses to Philadelphia" as another long shot (pick #15)....

Seems like your picks are almost reverse of what everyone elses picks are, and what intuition should dictate....

Is this part of your strategy, or what?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:17 am

Mad Scott, to add to what I was saying above, let's look at your picks for this week:

1. New England loses to Carolina
2. St. Louis loses to Arizona
3. Cleveland defeats Green Bay
4. Buffalo loses to Tampa Bay
5. NY Giants lose to New Orleans
6. Minnesota loses to Cincinnati
7. Atlanta loses to Seattle
8. Miami loses to NY Jets
9. Kansas City defeats Oakland
10. San Diego loses to Denver
11. Washington loses to Dallas
12. Detroit defeats Chicago
13. Pittsburgh defeats Houston
14. Baltimore defeats Tennessee
15. San Francisco loses to Philadelphia
16. Jacksonville loses to Indianapolis

Seems to me like all of your highly ranked picks (picks 1-5) are the long shot picks, and your lower ranked picks (picks 12-16) are sure bets....

Seems to me like you are ranking games backwards....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BESMIRCHED » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:27 pm

LOL, hes thinking this is confidence points on yahoo, buts hes beating us, i guess whatever works for him, haha
BESMIRCHED
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:35 pm

BESMIRCHED wrote:LOL, hes thinking this is confidence points on yahoo, buts hes beating us, i guess whatever works for him, haha

It also explains how he was able to string together 7 correct picks on a week full of long shots.... His long shot picks all worked out in his favor, and he had them ranked first because he's doing his rankings backwards....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby MadScott » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:09 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
BESMIRCHED wrote:LOL, hes thinking this is confidence points on yahoo, buts hes beating us, i guess whatever works for him, haha

It also explains how he was able to string together 7 correct picks on a week full of long shots.... His long shot picks all worked out in his favor, and he had them ranked first because he's doing his rankings backwards....
:-o

Yikes! I thought it was like the Yahoo confidence points. I'll be editing I guess although, damn, worked smooth last weekend. :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:07 pm

MadScott wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

:-o

Yikes! I thought it was like the Yahoo confidence points. I'll be editing I guess although, damn, worked smooth last weekend. :-b

LMAO. :-b
mweir145
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dirt Bag » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:34 pm

i gotta say, im not doing so hot, 0 Points Week 2, o well good to see im not the only one
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:07 am

2 weeks with 0, I rule. :-o
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:36 pm

2 points in 2 weeks....

There has to be something said for consistency....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:08 pm

I hear ya fellas...At least I have 1 point in 2 weeks now. By golly, I'm hot now! Look out :-o
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Lucky Ladders