Q GRIFFIN SHOULDA HAD 4 TDS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Q GRIFFIN SHOULDA HAD 4 TDS

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Diablo13 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:02 am

Let me do what I do......

QG didn't play a tough Run D....
He had the best game of his year tonight....

Lets here it!
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:23 am

SHOT wrote:I need to make a deal to trade Quentin Griffin because he's got value right now and on this team I have no need for him with Green and D. Davis to run the ball:

QB- Favre
WR- Hines Ward
WR- S. Moss
WR- Bruce
RB- Green
RB- Dom Davis
TE- Boo W.

B- L. Fitzgerald
B- Keyshaun
B- GRIFFIN
B- Tatum
B- B. Johnson

ANY IDEAS?? I don't have any need for a RB as good as Griffin to sit my bench. I guess my weakness would have to be WR since Boo should be solid, huh?

I disagree with you. I believe, if possible, every team needs a RB as good as Griffin is on their bench (but I started him, for the record). Injuries do happen to RB's, so I always say I can never have too many good RB's. However, if you have a glaring need at another position then by all means trade one away. I however like your team as-is and really don't think you need to make a trade. Farve is a solid QB. Ward and Moss are top-20 WR's for sure with the potential to finish top-10. Bruce is a good vet in a good offense. Green and Dom Davis are also great RB's to have. Boo is an ok TE, but I would advise against trading a top notch RB just to upgrade the TE position, even if that RB sits on the bench. I see you playing Green every week and then looking at Davis's and Griffin's matchups to determine the other starter on a weekly basis. Tatum Bell on your bench is great insurance for Griffin. You also have a solid bench. Unless you start the season 1-2 or worse, I highly advise not making a trade. ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The Miner » Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:55 am

Did you guys see him weezing and panting in the 4th quarter? I realize he ran a really strong game with all the cuts and everything but he looked like Pat Summerall out there. See you in Week 5 tatum.
Gold.
The Miner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Budman_ffc » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:30 am

You ever run at altitude before? If you have it is very understandable why he was breathing hard. Most RBs get taken out for breathers because they get winded several times during a game and they are not playing at that altitude, so I think he is fine. Also, this is week #1....he will round into better shape as the season wears on. Man he was fun to watch tonight!

;-D
That's my two cents and it's worth every penny of it!

Semper Fi!
Budman_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PSU All Day » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:16 am

I would have loved for him to score on that play as he was starting for me. The funny thing was that I lost the point for the fumble, but I was playing the KC defense, so I got it back that way.

Would have rather had the TD points though.

Oh, Keep in mind that Alexander (one of the most durable RB's in the league) went down with a knee sprain. Injuries can happen to any player and size is not a factor. Did you see the hit on Dante Hall yesterday? He walked away from a car accident of a hit by Lynch and he is really small.

Size does not equal durability.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby benm3218 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:47 am

PSU All Day wrote:
Oh, Keep in mind that Alexander (one of the most durable RB's in the league) went down with a knee sprain. Injuries can happen to any player and size is not a factor. Did you see the hit on Dante Hall yesterday? He walked away from a car accident of a hit by Lynch and he is really small.

Size does not equal durability.

Correctamundo.
It is dumb to say he was out of breath and Bell will start next week....... really dumb. He was incredible. Did you even see the game? He is the real deal.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:12 am

Q-Grif gives up 4 inches in height to Portis, but only 10 pounds. Did you see the guy? He's all muscle. I think he could very well turn out to be a very durable back

And if not, I've got Bell stashed on my bench ;-D

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:20 am

I'm thinking of trading him. He was on the bench last night, behind Rudi and Shaun Alexander. I also have Michael Bennet and Kevin Jones and am short in WR... I'll trade him if I can get someone like Chad Johnson.
Brady: a "very mediocre QB" - no1cowboysfan

Mitchell: "To me, the Patriots are not that good. ... We're the better team... A good team crushes that Patriot team. I'm telling you, they're not that good.'
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wizbang » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:38 am

I felt that Shanny used Griffin quite sparingly. I expect that to be the case all year. Obviously it didn't hurt his value last night but against better defenses he will struggle. However, as long as that O runs the ball well Griffin will be a solid performer. There's NO WAY Tatum Bell takes over the feature role unless Griffin goes down to injury, no way.

I agree that injuries are random to a degree but there are brittle players (Charles Rogers is proving to be one). There is not history of Q being a brittle player. As for breathing heavy.... being a Lions fan I'll only say that Barry came out very often to catch he breath. The guy is a little ball of muscle and those kind of guys tend to get winded faster than long striders like Eddie George.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:53 am

So is it the guy or the system?

Will we ever know?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting