of course i played the guy with over 130 pts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

of course i played the guy with over 130 pts

Moderator: Football Moderators

of course i played the guy with over 130 pts

Postby irishboy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:47 pm

My roster of brooks, ward, mason, green(not played yet), barlow, and gonzo scored me a whopping 1 td;

my opponent had owens, holmes, c-mart which alone had 8tds;

he has 134 pts to my 71 and is destroyng evryone in week 1; the next closest guy is over 40 pts behind; of course i get screwed by having to play him in week 1;
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jjigglers » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:55 pm

looks like a 10/6 league. if so, green could grab 300 yards and 6 TDs for the win.

eh, it happens, i had a team in my league last year that ended up with the MOST overall points, but with the WORST record. what luck.
jjigglers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:16 pm

You just have to take the lump. There's nothing you can do when everyone on your team has a bad game. The only ones I get mad over are the ones where I started someone over another player for one reason or another and they end up doing worse. When there's no way I could control winning or losing, I don't even give it a second thought.

You have good players that should keep you in most games. It's only the first week, and it's a long season! ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hawksfan896 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:21 pm

What pisses me off worse than that is when you have the second best score for the week and happen to be playing the guy with the best. This week I'm playing the guy with McNabb, TO and Priest (8 team league). Luckily it's still a game because I have Brady and Culpepper (2 QB league), but he's got a slight lead heading into tomorrow, and all either of us have left are IDPs. Now Nick Barnett only needs to outscore a couple of bums on Carolina's D. Man I hate IDPs...
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:34 pm

Here is my situation: ( I already posted this)

My team:

QB B. Favre (GB - QB) @Car 0
WR D. Mason (Ten - WR) @Mia 5
WR L. Coles (Was - WR) TB 2
WR R. Ferguson (GB - WR) @Car 0
RB S. Alexander (Sea - RB) @NO 34
RB C. Dillon (NE - RB) Ind 8
TE A. Gates (SD - TE) @Hou 12
K J. Hall (Was - K) TB 10
DEF Tennessee (Ten - DEF) @Mia 22

Total 93

His Team

QB C. Pennington (NYJ - QB) Cin 15
WR R. Moss (Min - WR) Dal 16
WR T. OwensP (Phi - WR) NYG 24
WR I. Bruce (StL - WR) Ari 17
RB C. Martin (NYJ - RB) Cin 31
RB T. Barber (NYG - RB) @Phi 25
TE A. Becht (NYJ - TE) Cin 0
K M. Vanderjagt (Ind - K) @NE 6
DEF Philadelphia (Phi - DEF) NYG 9

Total 143

I still have Favre and Ferguson left. I could end up with the second best score this week depending on Tom night, but I get really unluky. Who would have thought that Both Tiki and C-mart would beat Alexander and Dillon. :-t I knew I was dead in the WR area, but I figured I could win, with my Advantage in my RB. My only advantag was in the Kicker/TE/ DEF

I outscored him there 44-15
Last edited by GB Packer Fan 2004 on Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby greenman » Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:51 pm

What i hate most is when your stud running backs barely rush for 100 yards combined and no TD's!! (Talyor and Lewis)
greenman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:13 am

Wow the first week of play isn't even over and familiar patterns emerge. I sit someone and lose by the number of points his replacement didn't score. It seems to be a constant, just as much as I can count on the week I score my best, I will face the highest scoring team in recorded history. Bad Karma.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby andus » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:16 am

What I hate most is losing by ten points because Rogers broke his collarbone for the second year in a row.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk